Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What printer should I get? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I bought a BUSH tv from Argos once, it didn't work. :emo: I hate the guarentees at Argos tbf
    I hate Argos in general tbh. I use Amazon because Prime and because I'm lazier than sense. :yes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I bought a BUSH tv from Argos once, it didn't work. :emo: I hate the guarentees at Argos tbf
    Argos have a really good return policy though! :eek:?

ReputationRep:
    I bought a BUSH tv from Argos once, it didn't work. :emo:I hate the guarentees at Argos tbf
    hAHAHAHAHAHHA

Any from Epson I'd say. Just make sure it's wireless
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      I like Argos.

ReputationRep:
      lmfao why is this more expensive then a 3D printer? :lol:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
      I like Argos.
      :console:
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Paracosm)
      I hate Argos in general tbh. I use Amazon because Prime and because I'm lazier than sense. :yes:
      I have Prime too and it's where I got my photo printing printer :mmm:

Argos have a really good return policy though! :eek:?
      LMAO :rofl: they don't, they refused to return my damn TV till we made them. I heard they are bad at that sort of stuff.

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
      hAHAHAHAHAHHA
      Why are you laughing :cry:

ReputationRep:
      Cool. Found my printer

/end thread

ReputationRep:
      I like Argos.
      lmfao
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Cool. Found my printer

/end thread
      Seems very reasonable. *closes thread*
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      LMAO :rofl: they don't, they refused to return my damn TV till we made them. I heard they are bad at that sort of stuff.
      ALL OF MY EXPERIENCES WITH THEM HAVE BEEN POSITIVE. EASY RETURNS I SWEAR. :hmmm:

How did you 'make' them return it? :shock:

ReputationRep:
      Well what do you want to print? If it's just black and white documents, then a good mono laser printer is a good choice - preferably one with a duplex unit as standard (most have this now). If you only very occasionally need to print colour documents, then it's not worth buying a colour laser printer because the cost of replacement toners is astronomical - you'd be better with a cheap 'n' cheerful colour inkjet. Just depends what sort of printing you're planning on doing, and in what volumes.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      lmfao
      How is this funny?! I am in no way being facetious; I recommend Argos :emo:
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      ALL OF MY EXPERIENCES WITH THEM HAVE BEEN POSITIVE. EASY RETURNS I SWEAR. :hmmm:

How did you 'make' them return it? :shock:
      Their watches are terrible ngl, don't buy them :emo: and my dad had a go at them HAHHAAH :lol:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Reality Check)
      Well what do you want to print? If it's just black and white documents, then a good mono laser printer is a good choice - preferably one with a duplex unit as standard (most have this now). If you only very occasionally need to print colour documents, then it's not worth buying a colour laser printer because the cost of replacement toners is astronomical - you'd be better with a cheap 'n' cheerful colour inkjet. Just depends what sort of printing you're planning on doing, and in what volumes.
      What is a duplex unit?

I need to do mostly black and white printing but it's A LOT of printing that I wish to do so I need something that will actually be sturdy and not break like my sh*ty kodak one, if those even exist now a days.

ReputationRep:
      What is a duplex unit?

I need to do mostly black and white printing but it's A LOT of printing that I wish to do so I need something that will actually be sturdy and not break like my sh*ty kodak one, if those even exist now a days.
      Sorry, I should have explained. A duplex unit allows you to print on both sides of the paper automatically without having to reload it and print on the other side. It's incredibly useful and saves paper.

If you're doing a LOT of printing, then a 'home office' style mono laser printer is a good choice. They might be more expensive initially (and they're larger overall, which can be a problem) but should last longer and, importantly, their running costs are likely to be lower. The main running cost is the toner cartridge, and these range from £60 to well over £150. They usually come in two sizes: a standard capacity one which prints about 6,000 copies, and a high capacity one which will do about 10,000 pages. It's always worth doing a quick Amazon search for the historical cost of toner cartridges once you've decided on a printer to like just to check that you're not going to get stung on toner costs. A good quality laser printer will also print at high speed: 25-35 pages per minute is achievable, meaning you're not stuck waiting for large documents to print.

I've always used HP Laserjet printers and had no problems with them, though some people hate HP. Lexmark and Brother also do good mono printers.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Reality Check)
      Sorry, I should have explained. A duplex unit allows you to print on both sides of the paper automatically without having to reload it and print on the other side. It's incredibly useful and saves paper.

If you're doing a LOT of printing, then a 'home office' style mono laser printer is a good choice. They might be more expensive initially (and they're larger overall, which can be a problem) but should last longer and, importantly, their running costs are likely to be lower. The main running cost is the toner cartridge, and these range from £60 to well over £150. They usually come in two sizes: a standard capacity one which prints about 6,000 copies, and a high capacity one which will do about 10,000 pages. It's always worth doing a quick Amazon search for the historical cost of toner cartridges once you've decided on a printer to like just to check that you're not going to get stung on toner costs. A good quality laser printer will also print at high speed: 25-35 pages per minute is achievable, meaning you're not stuck waiting for large documents to print.

I've always used HP Laserjet printers and had no problems with them, though some people hate HP. Lexmark and Brother also do good mono printers.
      Ahhhh you life saver, thank you so much

I have this one, it is easy to set up and simple to use. Plus it prints double sided, which I think is good.
        http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4268570
        I bought it lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Attached Images

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Lychee627)
        I bought it lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Have you set it up yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.