The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Learn a language at Surrey for free! Anyone tried?

I have just read in the uni profile that u can learn a language for free if u are a surrey Student... which languages availabe? Anyone has tried it?
The languages are Arabic, British Sign language, Chinese mandarin, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, Most of the languages (except Russian) are available at various levels depending on if you already have experience in a language.

I haven't actually tried it myself but have friends who do it and they highly recommend it, especially in first year. (the only reason I decided not to was they don't offer the language I wanted to learn)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by IMissTheTruckles
The languages are Arabic, British Sign language, Chinese mandarin, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, Most of the languages (except Russian) are available at various levels depending on if you already have experience in a language.

I haven't actually tried it myself but have friends who do it and they highly recommend it, especially in first year. (the only reason I decided not to was they don't offer the language I wanted to learn)

My Msc courses starts in February, so I have learned before German for 1 year... It could be interesting for me to continue and study this language. Are there anything else interesting at Surrey?

Quick Reply

Latest