Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alot of my friends are starting to revise now, however I think it's too early to start now.
    Anyway I can never find motivation to revise and always end up procrastinating or only doing it for five minutes.
    Any help?

ReputationRep:
    I think work together as group with your friends at school and also at home over social media. From there motivation will build. I and others can only give you advice of how to learn but the motivation will grow as you learn more and more
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Espear)
    Alot of my friends are starting to revise now, however I think it's too early to start now.
    Anyway I can never find motivation to revise and always end up procrastinating or only doing it for five minutes.
    Any help?
    If you want those A*, start revising now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Revise lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any help?
    Watch a YouTube video about tips for revision or something, usually helps me e.g. Revisionwitheve

ReputationRep:
    I was once told by a family friend the following quote which sticks with me whenever i'm feeling lazy.

'If you have a 15cm ruler to represent a timeline of your life, the entire length of time that you spend in education will take you up to about 3cm'

Although it's probably not mathematically correct, it does however put into perspective that the harder you work in this very little time, the greater the rest of your life will possibly be.

-Good Luck Guys!

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^ So true

ReputationRep:
    But I think that I would forget everything if I start revising now, isn't it better to start afetr half term (that's what I was planning on doing.) Will I actually get a better grade if I start revising now rather than after half tem?

ReputationRep:
    You will definitely get a better grade when you start revising now. You wont forget anything if you only practise something once. Its about continuing the practise that you get better and better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hajra Momoniat)
    You will definitely get a better grade when you start revising now. You wont forget anything if you only practise something once. Its about continuing the practise that you get better and better.
    Don't you mean you will forget everything if you only practise something once?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should really start soon. In my GCSEs, I started making revision resources (notes, mind maps, flash cards etc) in October, did light revision up to ️️January and then started properly revision in February. My mocks were in February so I started properly just before these .

ReputationRep:
    Starting to revise early is the best choice. The new GCSE's force you to look back on units you have done ages ago, so it's always good to refresh yourself with those topics so it won't be too hard to revise everything closer to the exam.

ReputationRep:
    But I think that I would forget everything if I start revising now, isn't it better to start afetr half term (that's what I was planning on doing.) Will I actually get a better grade if I start revising now rather than after half tem?
    I made notes all the way through year 10 and 11 and finished all my notes in Feb half term. Then from March onwards i started properly learning it all - I got 12 A*s.

If you haven't written any of your notes yet start now.
    If you have written most of your notes, finish them before the end of Feb and then start learning them after the holidays.
    If you have written all your notes and are organised go over the stuff you find difficult and don't understand and improve any old notes from year 9/10. start learning it by March.

If you start full on revising now, by the time you get to May you will have burnt out and have no motivation left!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    Don't you mean you will forget everything if you only practise something once?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.