Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stress of A levels Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Alevels are stressing me out I'm so tired I can't do this. It's just too much. I don't have enough time and all the work is piling up . I live 1 hour away from my school so I spend that travelling. Idk what to do
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student004)
    Alevels are stressing me out I'm so tired I can't do this. It's just too much. I don't have enough time and all the work is piling up . I live 1 hour away from my school so I spend that travelling. Idk what to do
    What year of A levels are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student004)
    Drop out

Jk, don't wanna end up being a btec wasteman, do you? ( that's rhetorical). I'm hating this year too, college is dead after all me m8s dropped out/ went onto btec. Don't worry Brewski, only a few more months left. My plan is to chill till April, stack the bank with P's, then quit my job and smash revision. Early days bruh, why u trippin over nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I live about 50 minutes from my school but all the traffic makes the journey about an hour and 30minutes.
    I would recommend ensuring that you finish all homework in your study periods which relieves you of the stress of doing it after a long journey home.
    Also, make a timetable. Give yourself set times to work and times to rest.
    Even doing work on the bus is an option e.g. Sometimes I'll use my tablet and a stylus to do some maths past paper questions.

What subjects are you studying btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hōseki)
    I live about 50 minutes from my school but all the traffic makes the journey about an hour and 30minutes.
    I would recommend ensuring that you finish all homework in your study periods which relieves you of the stress of doing it after a long journey home.
    Also, make a timetable. Give yourself set times to work and times to rest.
    Even doing work on the bus is an option e.g. Sometimes I'll use my tablet and a stylus to do some maths past paper questions.

What subjects are you studying btw?
    I agree. A lot of students take their frees for granted, and tend to doss around with their mates. They're there for a reason, and are incredibly helpful. Use them

ReputationRep:
    i live really far too, its such a pain. if there's anything you can do on the bus/train/however you travel like use flashcard apps etc. then i recommend that, but tbh i just like to chill for my journey and start work when i get home. What I've started doing is doing my homework when I get home to get it out of the way, when I've finished all the work I wanted to do I chill/watch netflix then sleep as early as I can. Just try and get into a good routine to stop yourself falling behind - i know it's hard. I just try and get my work out of the way asap and then I can chill without stressing that I'm putting off something. Also eat healthy and drink plenty of water!

ReputationRep:
    I like an hour away from my college too but I don't feel that stressed with A Levels. I think the key is being efficient with your time, you have essentially 2 hours of dead time when in transit, you could revise during that time. I made myself flashcards and do those for my transit hours and it really adds up, two hours of flashcards once a day for every day of term. There's also endless online resources from past papers to video solutions and tutorials. If a lack of time is your issue then you should quit your part time job, the you of the future will regret trying to earn a little extra pocket money in exchange for losing out big time in a competitive job market. In the end it's a long term investment that you'll be hurting by trying to start earning money too early at the sacrifice of qualifications.

I definitely believe it's possible for anyone to ace their A Levels if they dedicate enough time and put their A Levels above part time work or parties. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck and I hope things turn out great for you.

Sadly going through the same thing, im an A2 student suffering from depression making me very demotivated and no one even knows ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sadly going through the same thing, im an A2 student suffering from depression making me very demotivated and no one even knows ...
    Hey , we're all equally depressed. Its only A levels, not a PhD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.