Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI I am just after some advice please as I don't know what to do next. I have submitted an application to Northumbria University for a place to study Social work, I have received an instant decline (within 2 days) stating I don't meet the academic requirements. On the advice of Northumbria I am studying a Social Work access course, I will be moderated in June for this. I have the required gcse grades specifically a C in Maths and English as well as Cs in other subjects, and two Nvqs although I was told that Nvqs don't really count. I have attended open days,spoken to the professors and phoned the university all of whom have said I am doing exactly what I need to be doing. I can't understand and also if I attempt to apply again next year I will be in the same situation. Should I phone the university for feedback and will they be likely to oblige? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you phone admissions. They'll be able to at least shed some light on the situation

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 19, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.