Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I'm completely new to this blogging thing. I'm in my third year of uni, and I was feeling a little adventurous so I crazily started my own blog! The only thing is, I don't know what to blog about, other than my life and happenings, and I would like to get to know some bloggers with experience or who are completely new to the game like me (and help each other out with traffic etc.).

So please help! I need all the advice I can get!

Oh by the way my blog address is theanxiousamateur.com so please check it out and I would be thrilled to receive any feedback!

Love

The Anxious Amateur
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxiousamateur)
    Hi guys!

I'm completely new to this blogging thing. I'm in my third year of uni, and I was feeling a little adventurous so I crazily started my own blog! The only thing is, I don't know what to blog about, other than my life and happenings, and I would like to get to know some bloggers with experience or who are completely new to the game like me (and help each other out with traffic etc.).

So please help! I need all the advice I can get!

Oh by the way my blog address is theanxiousamateur.com so please check it out and I would be thrilled to receive any feedback!

Love

The Anxious Amateur
    In terms of content, I think it's really important for the reader to be able to see that you're blogging about something that actually interests you, or you're passionate about... All too often I've read posts which just don't seem to have the writer's interest in, and it just makes the post/article/blog not as genuine, and doesn't make me want to come back...

I've just read your posts on there, and it's actually a blog I'd follow and read, so well done on that Just a critique, not sure about most readers, but I for example get really frustrated when I see a spelling/grammatical error - in your first post there's a space between the ( and the next word) <-- like that... if possible, get someone else to read through them before you post them, as that way I find that finding any potential errors is more likely!

In general with the site and its layout, I personally prefer not seeing one page with all the posts going down... I find that when I look at blogs which I haven't for a while, that layout annoys me as it's hard to find different posts - just something to think about whether having a layout where you click a button on the right or left to go to the next or previous post... (obviously this all depends on your web design skills etc...)

And finally, not sure if you're planning on this, but having a schedule that you at least mostly keep to I find will help retain readers... if people know that every other day at 6pm they'll have a post, they'll come back then and read it, rather than just keep checking for a new one... that's really easy to do with a post scheduler, and helps in case you have problems getting online etc...!

Really good effort so far with it though, hope you keep it up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.