The Student Room Group

Problem with gambling

I have been so stupid. I had 162.00 in my account but with my problem with gambling i am now left with 2.62.

I feel very silly, I am still at college, 24 and with no girlfriend and i have autism. I have 50.00 a week from my mum/stepdad but how do i start to build my money up again. I have to spend 20.00 to get to college to should i be putting 30.00 in my account every week.

I have taken the step to suspend my account for 30 days but it doesn't stop me feeling stupid. I had the aim of being out of my parents house in 2 years and having a girlfriend and kids in 10 so how can i keep this aim if i don't have a job and still in college for the next 6 months?
Reply 1
Somebody help me please!!!!!!!
Well I think you need another source of income... the most simple and straight-forward way would be to get a part-time job... something trickier would be an on-line money maker like day trading or selling things online, if you can find something with enough customers and little competition then you're in business, you need to be creative in that aspect. Basically your first step is to increase your income then you can look at better saving tactics like bonds, shares, and other capital gains but for now, just try and find away to earn some more without dedicating too much of your time and energy
Gambling is a sin of the lost and dispossessed members of society, and you do not want to be one of them. You must be reborn a new man, stop wasting your money, get a job (it could be anything), work hard at college, and become self-reliant. There's no such thing as a free lunch and you must have a healthy body and mind if you are going to start a family. Start taking control now and at the end of these six months you will feel much stronger.
Reply 4
The problem is though where i live there are no part time jobs. Its just bloody care homes. there is almost nothing
Reply 5
Get help. Contact gamblers anonymous.

https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/
Reply 6
How can i get my money back though. I have only 2.62 in my account now and can't pay in until next thursday and only £30

What do i do, how will i ever find a girlfriend when im autistic, can't work at the moment and have other personal problems?

I really want a girlfriend but i have never even hugged a girl, kissed or held a girls hand before
Original post by cricketman123
I have been so stupid. I had 162.00 in my account but with my problem with gambling i am now left with 2.62.

I feel very silly, I am still at college, 24 and with no girlfriend and i have autism. I have 50.00 a week from my mum/stepdad but how do i start to build my money up again. I have to spend 20.00 to get to college to should i be putting 30.00 in my account every week.

I have taken the step to suspend my account for 30 days but it doesn't stop me feeling stupid. I had the aim of being out of my parents house in 2 years and having a girlfriend and kids in 10 so how can i keep this aim if i don't have a job and still in college for the next 6 months?

Learn your lesson and cancel your gambling accounts. Only a very few ever make any money.

Buy your bus ticket in advance i.e a travelpass. That will be cheapst and make sure transport is taken care of. The rest (if you dont need it) caneither be given to your parents if you trust them with money or a savings account where you have to give x days access. If you wnat even more security make it require co signatures i.e 2 of you for any money to be withdrawn.

You will obviously get a job in the next ten years. work out how much you need, deposit/ rent if you move out.

Focus on making a success of college to give yourself max chance.
Reply 8
i just feel so stupid
How can i get my money back though. I have only 2.62 in my account now and can't pay in until next thursday and only £30

What do i do, how will i ever find a girlfriend when im autistic, can't work at the moment and have other personal problems?

I really want a girlfriend but i have never even hugged a girl, kissed or held a girls hand before

why not look for an autistic girlfriend ? there are groups for people with Asperger's etc where you can make friends.
Reply 10
Original post by the bear
why not look for an autistic girlfriend ? there are groups for people with Asperger's etc where you can make friends.

Because most autistic girls don't look normal and they don't talk normal either. Most are just really bad learning difficulty and look ugly like the ones on the undateables
Because most autistic girls don't look normal and they don't talk normal either. Most are just really bad learning difficulty and look ugly like the ones on the undateables

http://www.today.com/style/miss-montana-first-autistic-contestant-miss-america-1B7922351

hope she keeps her distance from POTUS
Reply 12
Well she is nice. But the thing is i wouldn't want to be dating someone who i would not want to show off to my family. With some of the ones on the undateables i would be embarrassed.

I would date her but at the moment with my money how could i get somone like that with only 2.62 in my bank
Reply 13
but how do i make money again and built it up again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending