Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do most girls go for the pretty boys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    'pretty' lmao r u ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    You only associate "beautiful" and "pretty" to Kylie Jenner and Justin Bieber? Your problem is as simple as that.

You go for people who you find beautiful, and everyone's perspective on beautiful is different, most of us don't have a Hollywood specimen in our mind.
    This, I could rep you 10000 times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Like I said its about personality when both guys and girls become mature they forget about all the games and crap, and will look at the personality. Maybe some girls could clarify this.
    Yes
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Corbynista)
    Says the person who looks like a model in their avatar....
    Good angle, good lighting in class, a lot of practice to take a good selfie, y'know? These are the secrets.

ReputationRep:
    Floyd Mayweather used to call himself "prettyboy"... but there's nothing funny about that

Spoiler:
    Show

lol

Why should OP change themselves for a women? Most ridiculous thing I have heard.
    Prsom

ReputationRep:
    GIRLS like these guys.

Women over 20 all like tall, ripped guys like Chris Hemsworth etc.

Which is an even harder ideal to live up to for most men. Much easier to get a quiff and dress like a pretty boy.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it's about effort on both parties, if you do not try to look good and follow trends your not going to score 10's. Works both ways for both genders.
    Deal with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A lot of girls nowadays would only want to go out with the pretty boys. You know the boy band type of guys e.g. One Direction, Uniok J, Justin Bieber, Conor Maynard etc? You'd find a lot of them in Nando's. I'm under a lot of pressure in society because I'm an average joe who doesn't have a quiff, doesn't wear expaensive clothes, doesn't use expsensive perfume or even into Lad culture. I feel like I have to blend in the crowd.
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    The people who run the media etc. have changed the perception of men as requiring to look like One direction etc. It's in their interest for men to become feminine because when they do, who's going to fight back. Men in modern society are being bombarded with xeno-oestrogens etc. Now men's fitness are judged on whether they have a six pack (again focusing on the hips area, need to have a really low body mass) rather than their arm and leg muscles (ie. their actual strength).
    I'd say the opposite. There's a pressure to bulk up nowadays. If anything its nice to see the variety with pretty boys. Having this macho theme being painted on all men isn't healthy.

Nothing makes me cringe more when a woman says she wants a real man xD

(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    Tbh I personally find the "lad" culture extremely unattractive...
    • Political Ambassador

Looks like the feminists patrol are out in strength tonight.
    I don't think there's any feminist in this thread lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    The people who run the media etc. have changed the perception of men as requiring to look like One direction etc. It's in their interest for men to become feminine because when they do, who's going to fight back. Men in modern society are being bombarded with xeno-oestrogens etc. Now men's fitness are judged on whether they have a six pack (again focusing on the hips area, need to have a really low body mass) rather than their arm and leg muscles (ie. their actual strength).
    What are you on? Bodybuilding and aesthetics has always been about having a slim waist rather than a wide one.

ReputationRep:
    Natural selection.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    I'd say the opposite. There's a pressure to bulk up nowadays. If anything its nice to see the variety with pretty boys. Having this macho theme being painted on all men isn't healthy.

Nothing makes me cringe more when a woman says she wants a real man xD
    What a real man is to someone, may not be to someone else.

Looks like the feminists patrol are out in strength tonight.
    "It's empowering to be nude" - Feminists "Wow, that man enjoys female nudity? What a misogynist." - Feminists You just can't win with these morons. They'd complain about the sound of their own fart if they really wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    What a real man is to someone, may not be to someone else.
    when a gal says she wants a real man, we know what she means. its generally in and around the same thing.

makes me barf everytime.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    when a gal says she wants a real man, we know what she means. its generally in and around the same thing.

makes me barf everytime.
    This concept of ''a real man'' or ''a real woman'' is stupid.

And you can't just assume what a person really wants from a partner.
    • Political Ambassador

And it is always the man's fault. On your period? Blame the man. Ended up overweight/obese? Blame the man. Burnt the dinner? Blame the man.
    Who even does that

(Original post by A-LJLB)
    This, I could rep you 10000 times
    You and EC seem to be those kind of girls who'd reject an overweight guy tell him he should go the gym so girls would like you however if you swap the genders around you'd be call him ****. Double standards don't you think? Bore off I didn't made this thread to be hijacked by triggered feminists who gets offedned over everything.

ReputationRep:
    You and EC seem to be those kind of girls who'd reject an overweight guy tell him he should go the gym so girls would like you however if you swap the genders around you'd be call him ****. Double standards don't you think? Bore off I didn't made this thread to be hijacked by triggered feminists who gets offedned over everything.
    Your post literally listed everything we've said we are against lol
    • Political Ambassador

Did you even read my posts? Or can't you read? :laugh:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.