Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do most girls go for the pretty boys? Watch

(Original post by melanies321)
    Same reason why a lot of boys go for only pretty girls
    Like the girls who wear Kylie Jenner makeup?

ReputationRep:
    Because flower boys are so nice to look atttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. I wouldn't like to date one though. My position should be peeping at them from behind a door like a creep. And waiting for some cute bromance action yaaasss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Because flower boys are so nice to look atttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. I wouldn't like to date one though. My position should be peeping at them from behind a door like a creep. And waiting for some cute bromance action yaaasss.
    Wut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Wut
    Hello.
    https://j.gifs.com/j2BoYv.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A lot of girls nowadays would only want to go out with the pretty boys. You know the boy band type of guys e.g. One Direction, Uniok J, Justin Bieber, Conor Maynard etc? You'd find a lot of them in Nando's. I'm under a lot of pressure in society because I'm an average joe who doesn't have a quiff, doesn't wear expaensive clothes, doesn't use expsensive perfume or even into Lad culture. I feel like I have to blend in the crowd.
    Honestly all the guys you mentioned above , I'm not into. The reason for this is , every person is different some like looks , some like personality and some like both. I like both but I look at their heart the most , if they are a good person in ❤️. When you find someone it's not about being a particular type or being a certain way. Everyone has imperfection and flaws and that's what makes you unique because even though you may not like your own flaws someone else will. Being yourself is the best way as this way , the person that you least expect to notice you will notice you a mile away , compared to of you look a certain way you will get people who will still be interested in you , but not for long. 😊

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot of research into this question. Generally, scientists find that women are less motivated by looks than men. Women want a guy that can provide financial security for them. That is why they are so attracted to famous people. They are not motivated by the looks as much as they are by the wealth. I mean Mick Jagger has a face like a dog's ass but women chase and scream after him like he was an adonis....

guys are more affected by a women's looks than women are by a male's looks.....its just male and female nature. Get some money my friend, earn status in society, sit back and have women flock to you like crazy regardless of what you look like.

(Original post by CookieButter)
    There is a lot of research into this question. Generally, scientists find that women are less motivated by looks than men. Women want a guy that can provide financial security for them. That is why they are so attracted to famous people. They are not motivated by the looks as much as they are by the wealth. I mean Mick Jagger has a face like a dog's ass but women chase and scream after him like he was an adonis....

guys are more affected by a women's looks than women are by a male's looks.....its just male and female nature. Get some money my friend, earn status in society, sit back and have women flock to you like crazy regardless of what you look like.
    Well what you said was about women in the older days. We're currently in the 2010 where's women are more shallow and picky. I'm not saying guys are innocent themselves but still you get where I'm coming from.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? Just be yourself and the right girl will eventually come along and like you for who you are. Girls are attracted to different guys.

ReputationRep:
    They don't.

I'm guessing you are just ugly though OP. Neither pretty or manly looking.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'd rather a fella who looked like a man :beard: (and not a boy).

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, most girls my age tend to. I prefer average guys.

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    They don't.

I'm guessing you are just ugly though OP. Neither pretty or manly looking.
    Well I'm hairy but got a voice like chipmunk

ReputationRep:
    Why do most guys go for good looking girls? It's something physiological and only human nature to want something/someone that is "beautiful", "good looking" or "pretty". Whether we consciously know that or not. We always strive for better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    What are you on? Bodybuilding and aesthetics has always been about having a slim waist rather than a wide one.
    Indeed, but Bodybuilding has never been something that was forced onto every man to do. People simply saw people like Arnold Schwarznegger as being one of the best at what he does, not something that all men should strive to look like. Bodybuilding was for bodybuilders. Not for ordinary people now being pressured into taking a part time job as a body builder.

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    I'd say the opposite. There's a pressure to bulk up nowadays. If anything its nice to see the variety with pretty boys. Having this macho theme being painted on all men isn't healthy.

Nothing makes me cringe more when a woman says she wants a real man xD
    There's a pressure to do both. "bulk up" and to look like a 14 year old girl. These two are not mutually exclusive. Because the definition of bulking up, as I've explained has changed from strength to aesthetics. If you look at most of the people that OP has listed, they also have six packs as well.
    And there's a word for girls who don't want be with a real man, they're called lesbians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Indeed, but Bodybuilding has never been something that was forced onto every man to do. People simply saw people like Arnold Schwarznegger as being one of the best at what he does, not something that all men should strive to look like. Bodybuilding was for bodybuilders. Not for ordinary people now being pressured into taking a part time job as a body builder.

There's a pressure to do both. "bulk up" and to look like a 14 year old girl. These two are not mutually exclusive. Because the definition of bulking up, as I've explained has changed from strength to aesthetics. If you look at most of the people that OP has listed, they also have six packs as well.
    And there's a word for girls who don't want be with a real man, they're called lesbians.
    Lel not another one of these ones.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.