Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year law student and a RG and have taken 2/3 of my January moduler exams. Unfortunately, they have both gone appallingly. And I honestly don't think it was due to lack of revision. Which makes it worse as I don't know how to improve !

I did ok in first year, getting mainly 2.2s in the January exams but picking myself up to 2.1s in the summer exams so I thought I could go in to second year fairly ok with things.

I have been suffering from depression though, although I have still been working hard. perhaps my brain just doesn't take things in as well when depressed.

It was just like my mind went completely blank in both the exams. Like I just couldn't understand some of the questions at all, particularly the problem ones. As a result I didn't write nearly as much as I should have and thus believe I failed. I'm not just saying that, because I honestly don't think I wrote enough to have passed. If I have passed, it certainly won't be high passes.

I don't actually want to be a lawyer so I don't need to worry about training contracts or anything but I want a fairly decent job at least and I definitely don't want to get kicked out of uni ! Provided I have failed completely, will I be able to retake in August? I understand this will be capped at 40 :.( so I'll have to do super well in everything else ehgh

Anyone else done badly at this stage of uni and turned things around?

I actually feel like my whole life is falling apart; my parents are getting divorced, I'm failing uni , love life is dead 😥

How is a gal to cope

Literally the only good thing in my life is my friends

ReputationRep:
    Went through something similar in 2nd year, ended up failing 6 exams (I know, even I was shocked) Idk where you study, but at my uni I just had to retake everything and I passed them and got to continue to 3rd year, so on that front you'll be fine! I'd talk to your personal tutor if you have one or even go to your UHS if you feel everything is getting too much for you, you'll be able to talk to a counselor and they can help you make a plan on how to get through the rest of your degree provided it's something you want to do I know failing exams is never fun but the most important thing now is not to dwell on it and just do as well as you can for the rest of the year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    Went through something similar in 2nd year, ended up failing 6 exams (I know, even I was shocked) Idk where you study, but at my uni I just had to retake everything and I passed them and got to continue to 3rd year, so on that front you'll be fine! I'd talk to your personal tutor if you have one or even go to your UHS if you feel everything is getting too much for you, you'll be able to talk to a counselor and they can help you make a plan on how to get through the rest of your degree provided it's something you want to do I know failing exams is never fun but the most important thing now is not to dwell on it and just do as well as you can for the rest of the year!
    Did you get a 2:1 at the end of ur degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chukster97)
    Did you get a 2:1 at the end of ur degree?
    I wish 😂 Contrary to what everyone would have you believe though, things have still worked out great for me so can't complain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    I wish 😂 Contrary to what everyone would have you believe though, things have still worked out great for me so can't complain!
    So you didn't then? 2:2?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.