Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been best friends with this girl since primary, we have shared everything to eachother. before i could be really open to her and talk about the things I'm worried about and we would talk about girly things etc however recently i feel she has been distant and she doesn't talk to me often eventhough we are siiting together with a group of friend/ there be's six of us and although we are sitting together its almost feels like i don't exist/ i honestly feel so awkward and i try to get into the converstations and when i say something she gives a weird look. i personally try to be fair and equal with everyone and i never like to leave someone out as i know how it feels. But there hasn't been a time where she has been like " .... come with us or are you coming with us? whenever i am going to class I've said bye plenty of times but i get ignored. this is when i give up and just walk by myself. we have a split break where have of my friend go on the first split break and me and her go to an assembly or class. and i ask her if she's coming but she doesn't want to as she wants be with her other friends. i honestly don't mind her going to her other friends but i feel she has never considered that i might be alone etc
    am i over exagerratig?? i don't feel like i am because i can't believe how everything has changed in a matter of days or weeks. i am feeling more distant from her everyday. she was the only one where i use to tell her my big secrets.
    Do you think she considers me as her best friend? would someone who has a best friend treat them like that? soz ive rambled on a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geek567)
    I've been best friends with this girl since primary, we have shared everything to eachother. before i could be really open to her and talk about the things I'm worried about and we would talk about girly things etc however recently i feel she has been distant and she doesn't talk to me often eventhough we are siiting together with a group of friend/ there be's six of us and although we are sitting together its almost feels like i don't exist/ i honestly feel so awkward and i try to get into the converstations and when i say something she gives a weird look. i personally try to be fair and equal with everyone and i never like to leave someone out as i know how it feels. But there hasn't been a time where she has been like " .... come with us or are you coming with us? whenever i am going to class I've said bye plenty of times but i get ignored. this is when i give up and just walk by myself. we have a split break where have of my friend go on the first split break and me and her go to an assembly or class. and i ask her if she's coming but she doesn't want to as she wants be with her other friends. i honestly don't mind her going to her other friends but i feel she has never considered that i might be alone etc
    am i over exagerratig?? i don't feel like i am because i can't believe how everything has changed in a matter of days or weeks. i am feeling more distant from her everyday. she was the only one where i use to tell her my big secrets.
    Do you think she considers me as her best friend? would someone who has a best friend treat them like that? soz ive rambled on a bit.
    You've been friends for a long time, she may be finding it a little intense and just need some space. I'm sure she still appreciates you as a friend, but I've been in this position before where you need your own time to hang with other people and don't want to upset your 'best friend' and therefore feel slightly awkward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    You've been friends for a long time, she may be finding it a little intense and just need some space. I'm sure she still appreciates you as a friend, but I've been in this position before where you need your own time to hang with other people and don't want to upset your 'best friend' and therefore feel slightly awkward
    i forgot to mention, she got me a christmas present which i am really gratefull for but there was one thing i didn't appreciate her doing. she gave me a "chanel" gift and i was really happy and i kept saying thank you, and you shouldn't of got me this ..." and when i opened it there was this lip scrub. it then felt realllly awkward and i started to have a nervous laughther but it got really worse as everyone who was looking at me opening the "gift" was laughing at me soooooooooooo much. i wasn't upset that she didn't get me a chanel obviously but it was because she started to laugh at me soo much and other were looking and i felt like crying and my friends were saying "good one" ha ha ha you needed that lip scrub" i am already really insecure and that made me feel a lot worse. do you think she should have done this???

ReputationRep:
    i forgot to mention, she got me a christmas present which i am really gratefull for but there was one thing i didn't appreciate her doing. she gave me a "chanel" gift and i was really happy and i kept saying thank you, and you shouldn't of got me this ..." and when i opened it there was this lip scrub. it then felt realllly awkward and i started to have a nervous laughther but it got really worse as everyone who was looking at me opening the "gift" was laughing at me soooooooooooo much. i wasn't upset that she didn't get me a chanel obviously but it was because she started to laugh at me soo much and other were looking and i felt like crying and my friends were saying "good one" ha ha ha you needed that lip scrub" i am already really insecure and that made me feel a lot worse. do you think she should have done this???
    No. That sounds like something I'd do to my friends, but because they'd do it to me too as that's our humour. However she should have known you would have felt insecure about this. I can't say whether or not she meant it maliciously or she just thought you'd take it as a joke

I'm sorry she made you feel that way!

ReputationRep:
    TheExtrovertGod can you please give advice on this. we're both been together since childhood. both girls who use to talk a lot but not anymore

ReputationRep:
    TheExtrovertGod can you please give advice on this. we're both been together since childhood. both girls who use to talk a lot but not anymore
    Ask her if you have done anything to offend her, if she's still being rude call her out for being distant. After give her space, girls thrive on drama, don't let her ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    I would set boundaries and confront her. This may seem harsh but read, look, from what I can tell since she made more friends you;'re the one hanging in the group by a piece of string breaking. If I were you I would, tell her that you don't like the situation and you feel left out. Say ''Are we even friends? I don't feel like it? Why are you acting of with me, I understand you have made new friends and I don't want to be in the way but... I miss the friendship we had, we had an amazing friendship, we would tell each other everything! It never used to be this way.'' And she what she says, ''If she is nice then problem solved, If she takes it badly than she moved on, and so should you..
    Hope this helped.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.