The Student Room Group

Did you bleed on your first time?

Hi guys, bit of a personal/disgusting question but I am curious. I know people say you bleed on your first time, but is this always the case? I know that bleeding during your first time is caused by the breaking of the hymen, but other activities can cause this to happen such as certain sports. I am concerned that if bleeding does happen... it will become obvious to my partner. Will he notice a load of blood?
These questions are kind of disgusting, i know, but a girls gotta know!
Thank you!!!!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, bit of a personal/disgusting question but I am curious. I know people say you bleed on your first time, but is this always the case? I know that bleeding during your first time is caused by the breaking of the hymen, but other activities can cause this to happen such as certain sports. I am concerned that if bleeding does happen... it will become obvious to my partner. Will he notice a load of blood?
These questions are kind of disgusting, i know, but a girls gotta know!
Thank you!!!!!!

Not everyone will bleed on their first time, but some women will bleed for even the first few times. Everyone's different. If you do bleed, there won't be a massive stream of blood or anything. How much blood there is, and how noticeable it is, varies between women. If you do bleed, I'm sure your partner will understand. It's very normal. If you want to avoid it, use plenty of lube and go at a pace you're comfortable with
Reply 2
I bled even on my 5th time.

And the hymen doesn't break, it stretches. Sexual intercourse stretches the hymen, making a larger opening or it causes a tear or change in the shape of the hymen, depending on what type of hymen you have. You can always take a look down there and get to know your body more.

Some women are born with extra hymen tissue and like I said they come in a variety of shapes, but it usually looks like a ring. Tearing of the hymen can cause normal bleeding, discomfort and you can also notice spots a few days so you should give the injury time to heal before another sexual encounter.

Maybe you'll bleed, maybe you won't, but if you do there's nothing to be ashamed of, you just clean it up after.

Quick Reply

Latest