Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I still have feelings for her. What's wrong with me? Watch

We knew each other for 5 years. A lot went on between us, including her Prom she invited me to (in another country) even though dozens of guys were asking her out.

Anyway, I ended up blocking her a couple months after because I just had to move on, for my own sake and sanity.

We haven't spoken since for 4 years.

Everyone avoids bringing her up in front of me, and if they do, they change the subject quickly - it's noticeable.

I don't know what's wrong with me...

I wish I could just forget her.

ReputationRep:
    You never had time to get your feelings out in the open. You're trapped in limbo

(Original post by TheExtrovertGod)
    You never had time to get your feelings out in the open. You're trapped in limbo
    That's true, I've never been able to speak to anyone about it.

I saw a counsellor for 2 weeks because of depression I had at the time, and I couldn't even come round to speak to him about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's true, I've never been able to speak to anyone about it.

I saw a counsellor for 2 weeks because of depression I had at the time, and I couldn't even come round to speak to him about it.
    I understand, you can't bring yourself to terms with your feelings and you can't get them out. Even if you could speak to a counsellor, would it work? They're not her, only she can give you what you need. You need to see her again and get it out in the open, she might completely dismiss you as some kind of weirdo which will hurt like hell but it's been years! You have to move on.

I understand, you can't bring yourself to terms with your feelings and you can't get them out. Even if you could speak to a counsellor, would it work? They're not her, only she can give you what you need. You need to see her again and get it out in the open, she might completely dismiss you as some kind of weirdo which will hurt like hell but it's been years! You have to move on.
    I want to move on - I really want to ****ing move on.

ReputationRep:
    I want to move on - I really want to ****ing move on.
    Do you have contact details?

Do you have contact details?
    No, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't.
    No facebook or anything? Tough situation as you can't get it out in the open. Any other relationships to fixate on in the mean time? Other than that, friends are your best bet I guess.

No facebook or anything? Tough situation as you can't get it out in the open. Any other relationships to fixate on in the mean time? Other than that, friends are your best bet I guess.
    I've had 7 relationships in those 4 years, a few ONSs, a handful of dates - I've turned into a right commitmentphobe.

I get to the 3-4 month mark and I jump ship. I've been single for a few months now, though.

I do have fun, I hang out with my friends, I laugh - it's just that when I'm alone, all I think about is her, and it drives me up the wall.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon time is the best medicine for this. Yes, it'll take a while, but hopefully one day you'll wake up and it won't matter anymore

(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    I reckon time is the best medicine for this. Yes, it'll take a while, but hopefully one day you'll wake up and it won't matter anymore
    Believe me, I've been hoping for that for 4 years.

I blocked her to give myself space and time to move on...

I don't wake up thinking about her, it's not that bad, it's just that she'll pop into my head throughout the day.

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, I've been hoping for that for 4 years.

I blocked her to give myself space and time to move on...

I don't wake up thinking about her, it's not that bad, it's just that she'll pop into my head throughout the day.
    What makes her so special? Why does she deserve the unintentional right to disrupt your life like this?

(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    What makes her so special? Why does she deserve the unintentional right to disrupt your life like this?
    So many things... which can be summarised by "She made me feel at home".

ReputationRep:
    So many things... which can be summarised by "She made me feel at home".
    I'm not really sure what to suggest I'm afraid. I think you will move on from this, even if it doesn't seem realistic right now. You'll find the person you're actually meant to be with, and this other girl will be nothing more than a name to you.
    Best of luck <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.