Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent: University rejected my excruciating circumstance! Had Doctors Note!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in need of Urgent help. I could not do my exams due to viral infection in December. I handed in my request to retake my exams in the re-sit diet but as my first sitting. I also handed in a Doctors Note giving me a month off.

However, today I received an e-mail saying my request has been denied due to lack of evidence. I feel that my doctors note did not even reach the committee or was misplaced.
    Please Help as I am in tears as I was genuinely unwell.
    Thanks in advance
    p.s Pardon any spelling mistakes I am very stressed

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to hear that your unwell. Hope you get better soon. Did you talk to the programme leader ?

ReputationRep:
    Is 'excruciating circumstance' deliberate, or inadvertently hilarious? (You're pardoned, incidentally).

You need to speak to your School Office/administrator ASAP to find out why the evidence you supplied wasn't accepted, and why you weren't told that this evidence had a possibility of being rejected.

ReputationRep:
    This is something you need to take up with that Uni. No-one here can give you advice as we don't know all the details or why the Uni made this decision.

Calm down. Wait until tomorrow.

Then write a polite email asking for the reason why the Uni made this decision.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them what the "lack of evidence" was. One would have thought that a doctor's note would suffice.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Go and see your department or student support first thing tomorrow and ask who is best to talk to. They should be able to help you and send you to someone that knows about your case, and tell you about appeals etc or other courses of action. In the mean time try and calm down and get some sleep, there's nothing you can do tonight! Going to move this to uni life where people can hopefully help you better but good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateVincentx)
    Hey, sorry to hear that your unwell. Hope you get better soon. Did you talk to the programme leader ?
    Thanks, I just got the email tonight. I have e-mailed my advisor, so I will have to wait for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Guys, you are all right, I can't do much tonight and will seek help from the uni tomorrow. I will keep you guys updated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.