Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone here OK with going to their insurance come results day? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering exactly who on here actualy is fine or maby even just as excited about going to their insurance if they don't quite make it in to their first choice uni.

If I don't get into my first choice (Nottingham) which is probably going to happen, I will be a bit gutted, however, I'm pretty sure that I am still going to be fine with going to Reading, although I do sometimes have the usual doubts which I have overcome now!

When on here, most of you guys seem to want to go into clearing rather than their insurance, so is there anyone on here that actually would still be fine with going to their insurance?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, actually i think i'd now prefer to go to my insurance! good job as i don't think i've got the grades to go to southampton anyway heh heh..

ReputationRep:
    No i wouldn't go... frankly if i can't get my offer i would be wasting my time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney)
    yeah, actually i think i'd now prefer to go to my insurance! good job as i don't think i've got the grades to go to southampton anyway heh heh..
    Whats ur insurance then?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be disappointed that I couldn't make the grades, but I really like my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    Whats ur insurance then?
    it's leeds. looks like a really nice place from what i've been able to tell!

ReputationRep:
    Id be happy going to my insurance (Manchester Met)
    Infact id be over the moon

ReputationRep:
    if i don't get my first choice....i'm screwed...coz i don't have an insurance...

if i did have one though...i'd imagine i'd be fine with it....better than not having anywhere to go at all right?

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY hope I get my first choice, since I'll get rubbish accomidation at my insurance, and won't be 18 before the start of term, so will have the worst freshers week ever. I'll find out on Tuesday, so pray for me or something! (please)

ReputationRep:
    i want to make my first choice purely because i've got myself all geared up for it. If I had to settle for my second choice (imperial) I would feel gutted I really would. It would take a good few months for me to feel ok about it all. And also I have kind of buggered up the accomodation application for imperial, so I really really really hope I get my first choice grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    i want to make my first choice purely because i've got myself all geared up for it. If I had to settle for my second choice (imperial) I would feel gutted I really would. It would take a good few months for me to feel ok about it all. And also I have kind of buggered up the accomodation application for imperial, so I really really really hope I get my first choice grades!
    Oh yeh, I forgot about that - and the fact that everyone else appears to have got all geared up for it aswell! Pressure!!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:

I'd be happy going to either my firm or my insurance. I'll be proud to just know that i've done well enough to go to uni! Actually thats not completly true, but i'll make the best of it whatver happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

I'd be happy going to either my firm or my insurance. I'll be proud to just know that i've done well enough to go to uni! Actually thats not completly true, but i'll make the best of it whatver happens.
    No I don’t want to go to my insurance! I should have put RH/Lancaster or even Reading but put Brunel as it was my lowest offer (BBC) but I visited the place and hated it . If worst comes to worse Kings won't take me, I'm going to somehow persuade Brunel to release me and go straight through Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    No I don’t want to go to my insurance! I should have put RH/Lancaster or even Reading but put Brunel as it was my lowest offer (BBC) but I visited the place and hated it . If worst comes to worse Kings won't take me, I'm going to somehow persuade Brunel to release me and go straight through Clearing.
    lol....Brunel is in the middle of nowhere

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham's my insurance. I'm sure I would love it if I went, but I have my heart set on Warwick now so anywhere except there would right now be a disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    You're expected to get at least 3 As this summer and you applied to random universities just to prove a point :rolleyes: but kings will take you cos you're a clever girly

durham is my insurance, they ask for higher grades than my first choice, so really if i miss my firm offers grade i also miss my insurance :eek:

ReputationRep:
    No I'd repeat my final year at college - I like my first choice too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    You're expected to get at least 3 As this summer and you applied to random universities just to prove a point :rolleyes: but kings will take you cos you're a clever girly

durham is my insurance, they ask for higher grades than my first choice, so really if i miss my firm offers grade i also miss my insurance :eek:
    Actually no it wasn't to prove a point and they're not just 'random Universities' thank you very much.

Also predicted grades are never accurate.

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy to go to either my first choice or insurance choice. Bad news is my insurance wants ABB so my anxiety about results day comes from whether I'll actually be going to university at all next year! Saying that, however, if I got ABB I'd be disappointed purely because I was trying for higher grades...

ReputationRep:
    As I already had my a-level results I got all unconditional offers. This meant I had to choose which uni to accept back in April which is a little harsh having to make a final desicion that early!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.