Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone here OK with going to their insurance come results day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't mind - nottingham's my insurance and it was gonna be my first choice before i visited manchester and was blown away.

but the grade requirements are exactly the same for both unis (actually manc is slightly "lower" only cos it accepts general studies whereas nottingham doesn't).

ReputationRep:
    best of luck to you all. you can definitely withdraw from your insurance and go through clearing, a few of my friends have done this. xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm still thinking about it.. if it comes to that, I'll have to see what my gut feeling is. I'd most likely ask to be released though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smitten kitten)
    I'm still thinking about it.. if it comes to that, I'll have to see what my gut feeling is. I'd most likely ask to be released though.
    my insuarance course regularly advertises for clearing. Ive decided i really dont want to go there but the unis i applied to for a degree in surveying were the best in that subject area really liked 2. So I wouldnt consider clearing either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    I was just wondering exactly who on here actualy is fine or maby even just as excited about going to their insurance if they don't quite make it in to their first choice uni.

When on here, most of you guys seem to want to go into clearing rather than their insurance, so is there anyone on here that actually would still be fine with going to their insurance?
    A big fat "NO!" anyway there is no chance that I will get into my insurance place as my firm choice requires exactly the same as my firm so if I don't get the grades to get into one I'm screwed for the other!
    Seeing that I think I majorly underperformed, looks like I'll be looking for clearing spaces in the not too distant future!

ReputationRep:
    NO, I don't have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    A big fat "NO!" anyway there is no chance that I will get into my insurance place as my firm choice requires exactly the same as my firm so if I don't get the grades to get into one I'm screwed for the other!
    Seeing that I think I majorly underperformed, looks like I'll be looking for clearing spaces in the not too distant future!
    Why did you choose one with the same grades, it is therefore impossible to get to ur insurance!

I really dont want to go to york, my insurance, i have my heart set on durham, as long as the OCR P3 UMS is high i'll still get the grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Why did you choose one with the same grades, it is therefore impossible to get to ur insurance!

I really dont want to go to york, my insurance, i have my heart set on durham, as long as the OCR P3 UMS is high i'll still get the grades
    Well you know personally that I only wanted to go either one of those two unis, so it was them or none. And being as arrogant as I was, Ithought I would easily make the grades....if only!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.