Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chicken Appreciation Thread Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Michiyo)
    Noted! It will be chicken curry, of course :awesome:

IKR? I am usually so drawn to chicken burgers that I must buy them, but I would order a pizza if that burger was my only option...
    Chicken tikka masala, or Butter Chicken or some other Chicken curry

BBQ Chicken Pizza?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Chicken tikka masala, or Butter Chicken or some other Chicken curry

BBQ Chicken Pizza?
    Carnivora pizza: ham, chicken, spicy beef, and pepperoni is my dream mix :drool:

I hate vegetables and I think the BBQ Chicken pizza has some in it, hence why I have never eaten it
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Carnivora pizza: ham, chicken, spicy beef, and pepperoni is my dream mix :drool:

I hate vegetables and I think the BBQ Chicken pizza has some in it, hence why I have never eaten it
    I've had carnivora pizza before with pepperoni, sausages, ham, bacon and bbq chicken :rofl:

Some BBQ Chicken pizzas have it, some don't

ReputationRep:
    No, my beloved chicken! This is a misunderstanding! I was trying to reason with Cheese in order to save you! :cry2:

To be fair, I would eat CheeseIsVeg too if only she were not a vegetable. I hate vegetables. (Except for you, Cheese, you are awesome :hugs: )
    You'd better be telling the truth. :hmmm:

:lol: I hate vegetable too. :moon: Except CheeseIsVeg, of course. :rofl:

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Y U DO ZIS
    Spoiler:
    Show

fine.
    Take the cheddar and leave, I see how it is :cry::ashamed:

Because sleep and stuff.

Spoiler:
    Show

:console:
    And thank you for the cheddar. :ahee:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    I've had carnivora pizza before with pepperoni, sausages, ham, bacon and bbq chicken :rofl:

Some BBQ Chicken pizzas have it, some don't
    I have had it with everything you mentioned, except for bacon. :yep:

I have not seen one without vegetables yet :ashamed::cry2:

(Original post by TheOtherSide.)

I am! :cube:

The only vegetable I eat is the potato. I like butter beans, but I am not sure if they count as vegetables. I can tolerate tomato sauce and extremely tiny pieces/sauces of garlic/onion if needed. That is about it.

I would much rather eat chicken :heart: (Not you, of course :hugs: )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Because sleep and stuff.

Spoiler:
    Show

:console:
    And thank you for the cheddar. :ahee:

tonight? :puppyeyes:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Anytime !

ReputationRep:
    I think I have found my place
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CamLikesCookies)
    I think I have found my place
    You have, indeed. I, the High Priestess of Chicken Appreciation, thereby welcome you to this thread and bless you with chicken, for you are one of us: a chicken-lover.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  16143287_1349370451752561_289286993570662112_n.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  107.0 KB

I just saw this one on Facebook
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Name:  16143287_1349370451752561_289286993570662112_n.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  107.0 KB

I just saw this one on Facebook
    I love you :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I am! :cube:

The only vegetable I eat is the potato. I like butter beans, but I am not sure if they count as vegetables. I can tolerate tomato sauce and extremely tiny pieces/sauces of garlic/onion if needed. That is about it.

I would much rather eat chicken :heart: (Not you, of course :hugs: )
    :hmmm::penguinhug:

That is a good vegetable to eat. :mmm: What are butter beans? :hide: In other words, everything you need for a pizza.:ahee:

Talking of which, I honestly don't know how or why I'm still here on this thread when I am surrounded by people hungry for chicken.:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)

tonight? :puppyeyes:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Anytime !

Oh, oops...:hide:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm::penguinhug:

That is a good vegetable to eat. :mmm: What are butter beans? :hide: In other words, everything you need for a pizza.:ahee:

Talking of which, I honestly don't know how or why I'm still here on this thread when I am surrounded by people hungry for chicken.:afraid:
    :penguinhug:

Potatoes are the best vegetable in the universe. :daydreaming:

Uh... beans.

For a pizza, spaghetti or meatballs, my chicken friend :ahee:

Because you are under the protection of Michiyo, the High Priestess of Chicken Appreciation, since you are the Chicken Goddess and no one will eat you :hugs: (And if they do, the Gods of Chicken Appreciation have bestowed upon me the gift to revive chicken. :yep: )

ReputationRep:
    :penguinhug:

Potatoes are the best vegetable in the universe. :daydreaming:

Uh... beans.

For a pizza, spaghetti or meatballs, my chicken friend :ahee:

Because you are under the protection of Michiyo, the High Priestess of Chicken Appreciation, since you are the Chicken Goddess and no one will eat you :hugs: (And if they do, the Gods of Chicken Appreciation have bestowed upon me the gift to revive chicken. :yep: )
    Right after cheese. :daydreaming:

Oh, never had butter beans. :getmecoat: What do they taste like? :holmes:

:ahee:

I'd rather you didn't have to revive me. :afraid:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Right after cheese. :daydreaming:

Oh, never had butter beans. :getmecoat: What do they taste like? :holmes:

:ahee:

I'd rather you didn't have to revive me. :afraid:
    Agreed. :ahee:

To be fair, I am not surprised. It is just an Eastern European/Romanian thing. :laugh: (I like this Romanian food named 'ciorbă cu fasole', which is a soup-like thing with butter beans and some vegetables thrown in to flavour the water base.)

They are delicious! I cannot describe their taste wel (they barely have any), but they have an 'earthy' taste, are soft once boiled, and are tiny bit salty and bitter (an extremely tiny bit that is hardly noticeable, though). I am fairly sure the Japanese use them to make a special sweet bean paste after the tiny bitterness they have is no longer (due to lots of soaking and all that).

Shh, it is okay. :console::cube:

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. :ahee:

To be fair, I am not surprised. It is just an Eastern European/Romanian thing. :laugh: (I like this Romanian food named 'ciorbă cu fasole', which is a soup-like thing with butter beans and some vegetables thrown in to flavour the water base.)

They are delicious! I cannot describe their taste wel (they barely have any), but they have an 'earthy' taste, are soft once boiled, and are tiny bit salty and bitter (an extremely tiny bit that is hardly noticeable, though). I am fairly sure the Japanese use them to make a special sweet bean paste after the tiny bitterness they have is no longer (due to lots of soaking and all that).

Shh, it is okay. :console::cube:
    If I ever do go to Romania or something, I'll make sure to try that because now I'm actually curious about what butter beans taste like in my mouth. :holmes: (Or I guess I could buy it here somewhere :rofl: but that is nowhere near as fun..)

If you say so. :hide:

ALSO you're on my leaderboard now. :teeth: 19th with 54 quotes at the moment. :mmm:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If I ever do go to Romania or something, I'll make sure to try that because now I'm actually curious about what butter beans taste like in my mouth. :holmes: (Or I guess I could buy it here somewhere :rofl: but that is nowhere near as fun..)

If you say so. :hide:

ALSO you're on my leaderboard now. :teeth: 19th with 54 quotes at the moment. :mmm:
    I can make it for you if I ever see you (I can cook quite a few different recipes. Most of them are Romanian or with chicken, but who cares as long as the food is good. :laugh: )

You would have to look up the recipe and read it in Romanian since I doubt it can be found in any other language. :rofl: Or I could just give you the recipe and you can find butter beans at any Eastern European or Polish store.

Yay! I am flattered to even be on your graph :blush:

You are in second place with 57 quotes for me!

ReputationRep:
    Get some butter beans in your life! Right next to the kidney beans in most supermarkets, my mum used to do this awesome chicken casserole with butter beans in it
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Get some butter beans in your life! Right next to the kidney beans in most supermarkets, my mum used to do this awesome chicken casserole with butter beans in it
    This. This chicken-lover knows what he/she/etc is talking about. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)
    Humans are not made biologically to eat animals, if you compare human teeth to that of cats and dogs and animals similar to them then you see that their teeth are a lot sharper, why? Well it is because they chew their food whereas we grind. Humans are similar to elephants, hippos and gorillas in terms of what our diet should be.
    Complete and utter nonsense.

Little wonder why people don't take vegans seriously.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.