Differences between A level maths M1 and A level physics mechanics unit? Watch

gcsemusicsucks
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently in year 12 and studying both Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics Mechanics and Materials section and we're studying each topic at the same pace (eg resolving forces, suvat, f=ma, momentum and impulse) so my question is, are there any obvious differences I should take note of when approaching these questions in exam papers? And is there any point in me writing notes for both M1 and the mechanics part for physics when they cover a lot of the same topics?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
I'm currently in year 12 and studying both Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics Mechanics and Materials section and we're studying each topic at the same pace (eg resolving forces, suvat, f=ma, momentum and impulse) so my question is, are there any obvious differences I should take note of when approaching these questions in exam papers? And is there any point in me writing notes for both M1 and the mechanics part for physics when they cover a lot of the same topics?
I studied Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics too

As far as I remember there are no differences in terms of questions on the same topic... but just remember that each unit may have more topics that you need to revise for, and that there are far more questions in M1 to practice from but good to practice the Physics ones after.
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
I studied Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics too

As far as I remember there are no differences in terms of questions on the same topic... but just remember that each unit may have more topics that you need to revise for, and that there are far more questions in M1 to practice from but good to practice the Physics ones after.
Hi Sean.
Is statistics important in electronic engineering?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads