Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Differences between A level maths M1 and A level physics mechanics unit? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 12 and studying both Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics Mechanics and Materials section and we're studying each topic at the same pace (eg resolving forces, suvat, f=ma, momentum and impulse) so my question is, are there any obvious differences I should take note of when approaching these questions in exam papers? And is there any point in me writing notes for both M1 and the mechanics part for physics when they cover a lot of the same topics?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    I'm currently in year 12 and studying both Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics Mechanics and Materials section and we're studying each topic at the same pace (eg resolving forces, suvat, f=ma, momentum and impulse) so my question is, are there any obvious differences I should take note of when approaching these questions in exam papers? And is there any point in me writing notes for both M1 and the mechanics part for physics when they cover a lot of the same topics?
    I studied Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics too

As far as I remember there are no differences in terms of questions on the same topic... but just remember that each unit may have more topics that you need to revise for, and that there are far more questions in M1 to practice from but good to practice the Physics ones after.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I studied Edexcel M1 and AQA Physics too

As far as I remember there are no differences in terms of questions on the same topic... but just remember that each unit may have more topics that you need to revise for, and that there are far more questions in M1 to practice from but good to practice the Physics ones after.
    Hi Sean.
    Is statistics important in electronic engineering?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.