Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will a low fat diet help me lose weight? Vs calorie counting Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm new here, especially about counting calories consumed. I have a few questions and tried to find some answers to it but failed. Hope anyone reading this would be able to clarify me.

1. How does the calorie in coffee being counted? (I'm a coffee-freak and couldn't miss 2 days without coffee). I usually take black coffee, sometimes instant coffee sachet with sugar&creamer. So here comes my confusion. How should I count the calorie? (I took different types of coffee) :
    a. 2 teaspoons of instant coffee (just black coffee) with ~500ml of hot water
    b. 2 teaspoons of ground coffee (just black coffee). For this, i used a french press and I would drink ~750ml or around 4 cups (without replacing new batch of ground coffee, or basically just re-used the same ground coffee that have been added into the french press previously.

So, I was wondering if the calories are counted towards the number of teaspoons used only or total volume (teaspoons+water) or serving size?

Thanks for any kind help. Appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellobabe)
    Hi, I'm new here, especially about counting calories consumed. I have a few questions and tried to find some answers to it but failed. Hope anyone reading this would be able to clarify me.

1. How does the calorie in coffee being counted? (I'm a coffee-freak and couldn't miss 2 days without coffee). I usually take black coffee, sometimes instant coffee sachet with sugar&creamer. So here comes my confusion. How should I count the calorie? (I took different types of coffee) :
    a. 2 teaspoons of instant coffee (just black coffee) with ~500ml of hot water
    b. 2 teaspoons of ground coffee (just black coffee). For this, i used a french press and I would drink ~750ml or around 4 cups (without replacing new batch of ground coffee, or basically just re-used the same ground coffee that have been added into the french press previously.

So, I was wondering if the calories are counted towards the number of teaspoons used only or total volume (teaspoons+water) or serving size?

Thanks for any kind help. Appreciate it
    It would be calories in the dry weight of coffee. However the number of calories in coffee is so negligible that it is not worth counting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    It would be calories in the dry weight of coffee. However the number of calories in coffee is so negligible that it is not worth counting.
    Alright, thank you so much.

So, does it mean that despite the number of cups / volume I drank, the calories (in dry weight) would still be counted once only?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.