Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(kind of) Homeless in the middle of GCSEs??? HELP? Watch

ReputationRep:
    long story short me and my family were meant to stay in our house for at least 3 years (contract) but the landlord changed his mind last minute and because of court confusions with dates we only had a week to leave the house (so we only stayed in the house for 9 months not 3 years as planned) and we didn't have time to look for a new local big enough place for my family to stay so we had to go to the council for help. they gave us a temporary property that is 2 HOURS (drive) away from my school, the location is bad because there is no good signal so WiFi doesn't even work there, i had tried to stay there but im unable to do any school work because of no WiFi and i get travel sickness and its even more harder having to wake up 4/5 am in the morning just to get ready for school and have a 2 hour drive (i as well as my siblings get travel sickness and nausea and cant take tablets EVERYDAY), so in the meanwhile i have been staying at my aunts house and my friends house so im more local and its easier to get to school (but i cant stay there forever or for months until i finish my gcses), but the council are no way gonna find any properties in the area i live in because there are no properties available, they are all too small and very few properties are available.so im gonna have to stay at my aunts house for now but its so crowded cuz of her kids+my family and there is no spare room or quiet place for me to study. so i dont know what to do GCSEs are only a few months away and i haven't started revising or making notes because im so stressed and cannot concentrate at all- theres so much stuff going on in my life and my parents cant do anything about it, i have no secure place to stay or revise and i feel so depressed(i was already depressed before because of other personal issues but the homeless thing just adds to it now). all i want is to get good grades please help. (btw im poor af so yhhh...-i cant even afford tuition)

ReputationRep:
    sorry for the long post / story of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imzy010)
    sorry for the long post / story of my life
    its fine are you in year 11 atm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    its fine are you in year 11 atm?
    yes midway of yr 11

ReputationRep:
    Is there a local library you could go to revise that's somewhere quiet? I'm sorry that you have this going on rn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tell your head of year everything you said here. Write it down first if it helps you say it better. The school need to be aware. Ask if there are any after school homework clubs or if you can study in the library. If there's a particular subject you're struggling with go to your teacher and explain your situation to them and ask if they can help with the subject or suggest anything.

As for the housing situation I really don't know what you can do :/ You're a child though so you'll have to let your parents do the best they can. You can't do anything about that.

Try not to worry about your GCSEs, you have LOADS of time. If you start your revision now you'll literally be totally fine. Have you got CPG/CGP guides? They are a massive help, if you can't afford them check if your library has them or a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear about this situation that you are in . Like some other people have said, you/your parents should let your school know about what is going on and they might be able to help - in fact they would have to help you as that is their duty to do so. They may be able to offer you after school help/revision sessions. In terms of your depression they might be able to help you/refer you to someone who can. Good luck, wishing you all the best. Always here to talk if you need it

ReputationRep:
    yes midway of yr 11
    if you don't mind me asking what grades are you getting? Just stay after-school most schools stay open until like 6-7P.M. I agree telling a teacher can help. If you guys were paying rent why can't you just rent another property? Library on weekends would be a good shout. Doing past papers can help you boost your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plaguemutt)
    Is there a local library you could go to revise that's somewhere quiet? I'm sorry that you have this going on rn

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not a local library, because i dont go out much especially because i dont know the area sometimes i do go to my aunts house at near there is a library but im not an outgoing person, i like to revise indoors, i find it hard to concentrate with people around. thanks for understanding X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    Tell your head of year everything you said here. Write it down first if it helps you say it better. The school need to be aware. Ask if there are any after school homework clubs or if you can study in the library. If there's a particular subject you're struggling with go to your teacher and explain your situation to them and ask if they can help with the subject or suggest anything.

As for the housing situation I really don't know what you can do :/ You're a child though so you'll have to let your parents do the best they can. You can't do anything about that.

Try not to worry about your GCSEs, you have LOADS of time. If you start your revision now you'll literally be totally fine. Have you got CPG/CGP guides? They are a massive help, if you can't afford them check if your library has them or a teacher.
    thanks, i have informed the school/ the head of year and she has offered me to use her room ( which has a computer and printer) and has told me to use it whenever, which helps. i have tried to buy revision books for some subjects. its just mainly finding a place to revise - Thanks so much for your answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.langl)
    So sorry to hear about this situation that you are in . Like some other people have said, you/your parents should let your school know about what is going on and they might be able to help - in fact they would have to help you as that is their duty to do so. They may be able to offer you after school help/revision sessions. In terms of your depression they might be able to help you/refer you to someone who can. Good luck, wishing you all the best. Always here to talk if you need it
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    if you don't mind me asking what grades are you getting? Just stay after-school most schools stay open until like 6-7P.M. I agree telling a teacher can help. If you guys were paying rent why can't you just rent another property? Library on weekends would be a good shout. Doing past papers can help you boost your grades.
    recently I've just had my mocks and i got C's and B's including one D (also 2 A's which i was very surprised about )- which isn't That bad to be honest but i didn't revise for ANY of my tests... and im afraid the main core subjects i failed in and i dont know how i can bring those grades up. we can't find a property TO RENT. thats the problem, the few properties on rent have only 2-3 bedrooms and are very small or have very high rent. Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    recently I've just had my mocks and i got C's and B's including one D (also 2 A's which i was very surprised about )- which isn't That bad to be honest but i didn't revise for ANY of my tests... and im afraid the main core subjects i failed in and i dont know how i can bring those grades up. we can't find a property TO RENT. thats the problem, the few properties on rent have only 2-3 bedrooms and are very small or have very high rent. Thanks for the advice
    Past papers properly like do the papers mark them harshly read examiners report all A's and B's on the cards maybe even a couple of A*'s. Was this would all modules or only like 1 module out of 3? At least you will be moving when you start AS and won't be moving in between

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Past papers properly like do the papers mark them harshly read examiners report all A's and B's on the cards maybe even a couple of A*'s. Was this would all modules or only like 1 module out of 3? At least you will be moving when you start AS and won't be moving in between
    Thank you so much - i will definitely try to do pat papers now. and im not sure what you mean by modules ? And HOPEFULLY that is true and i will have a secure place for my A levels / sixth form .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.