Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eating healthier has made me hungrier - normal or nah? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've been eating a lot healthier for the last two weeks or so, and have started eating more homecooked food. I've also replaced snacking on chips, biscuits, etc, with eating fruit or muesli.
    HOWEVER
    I've found that I get unusually hungry every two or three hours. This did not happen before I changed my diet. It's also not because I'm eating less food. If anything, I've started eating MORE food.

Is this a normal thing that comes with changing your diet? Should I be ignoring this hunger or eating more?

ReputationRep:
    you're probably eating less calories since what you're eating is healthier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scroshogulla)
    So I've been eating a lot healthier for the last two weeks or so, and have started eating more homecooked food. I've also replaced snacking on chips, biscuits, etc, with eating fruit or muesli.
    HOWEVER
    I've found that I get unusually hungry every two or three hours. This did not happen before I changed my diet. It's also not because I'm eating less food. If anything, I've started eating MORE food.

Is this a normal thing that comes with changing your diet? Should I be ignoring this hunger or eating more?
    Conventional snacks are usually more calorie dense and the energy from foods like muesli will be released more slowly. If the feeling of hunger persists for around (half) an hour, no harm in eating more fruit, muesli unless you're cutting. Your body will tell you when to stop.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.