The Student Room Group

LLB Law 2017 entry.

Target for LLB Law 2017 entry.

I'm keen to know the chances of entering LSE, UCL, KCL with IB grades (actual) of 41 (776 in History, Econ & Lit). In any case, I submitted before the 15 Jan, yet to hear from them.

I took my LNAT recently not sure how I fare though.

Can anyone advise ? Cheers mate.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tiggy98
Target for LLB Law 2017 entry.

I'm keen to know the chances of entering LSE, UCL, KCL with IB grades (actual) of 41 (776 in History, Econ & Lit). In any case, I submitted before the 15 Jan, yet to hear from them.

I took my LNAT recently not sure how I fare though.

Can anyone advise ? Cheers mate.

Offer rate for LSE and UCL is for both around 20%. It fluctuates by a small margin each year. KCL is, I believe, around 30%. As at LSE they do not look at your LNAT, the admission process is said to be a bit random (therefore stellar grades are key). The average LNAT scores of students are 28/29 for UCL and 25/26 for KCL. UCL is known for emphasizing the essay part of the LNAT test.

Therefore, for all of your chosen universities, you must maintain a high grade standard with good to perfect personal statement. Additionally for UCL and KCL, you must achieve an above average score in LNAT. Especially for UCL.
(The LNAT numbers are from people who made a freedom of information request. This is what the faculties came up with)
Reply 2
Original post by Mieleki
Offer rate for LSE and UCL is for both around 20%. It fluctuates by a small margin each year. KCL is, I believe, around 30%. As at LSE they do not look at your LNAT, the admission process is said to be a bit random (therefore stellar grades are key). The average LNAT scores of students are 28/29 for UCL and 25/26 for KCL. UCL is known for emphasizing the essay part of the LNAT test.

Therefore, for all of your chosen universities, you must maintain a high grade standard with good to perfect personal statement. Additionally for UCL and KCL, you must achieve an above average score in LNAT. Especially for UCL.
(The LNAT numbers are from people who made a freedom of information request. This is what the faculties came up with)

Thanks. My IB grades 41 (776 in History, Econ & Lit) are actual as I took the Nov exams. Not sure 'bou my LNAT score yet (took juz days before X'mas). Is it fair to assume since my IB grades are actual...I should ve slight edge over applicants of same or lower forecast IB (or equiv.) grades.?
Original post by Tiggy98
Is it fair to assume since my IB grades are actual...I should ve slight edge over applicants of same or lower forecast IB (or equiv.) grades.?

No, not necessarily.
It took me nearly two months to get an offer for Law at UCL. But since it's now passed the 15th Jan deadline you might hear soon. Don't hold out on it though, I've heard of people waiting till March.

Although they technically have until May to decide, no unis actually take that long.
Original post by T.M. Salamander

Although they technically have until May to decide, no unis actually take that long.

Some do. The son of one of the TSR advisers heard on the very last day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
Some do. The son of one of the TSR advisers heard on the very last day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that must have been an agonising wait :eek:

But most people will hear way before that
Original post by T.M. Salamander
Wow that must have been an agonising wait :eek:

But most people will hear way before that

I gather it was lengthy anguish followed by elation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thanks lads for the input. Cheers!:smile:
Reply 9
Received an offer from Warwick...eagerly waiting for LSE, KCL, UCL & QML...
It completely depends on the uni. When I applied for law a couple of years ago I sent my application in during October (I was just so done with UCAS!) And my first choice offered me an unconditional within three days (it was Glasgow uni and I'm a Scottish student but even so). Other unis took different amounts of time although all got back to me fairly quickly. They probably have a lot of applications following the deadline. The other thing is some unis will only send out students they know are going to be a definite yes or no to begin with. The fact they haven't outright rejected you is probably a good sign :smile: The wait must be frustrating but there's more than just looking at your grades and your LNAT to consider - they do look at things like your reference and your personal statement and they get a lot of applications. I mean mine was probably so quick because the pile they were working through was so small... My boyfriend applied much closer to the deadline (to different unis and a different course) and it felt like he had to wait FOREVER to get anything back.
Original post by Tiggy98
Received an offer from Warwick...eagerly waiting for LSE, KCL, UCL & QML...

Congrats on Warwick! Fellow warwick law offer holder here :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
Congrats on Warwick! Fellow warwick law offer holder here :smile:

Cheers luv,
Reply 13
Original post by A.Jones97
It completely depends on the uni. When I applied for law a couple of years ago I sent my application in during October (I was just so done with UCAS!) And my first choice offered me an unconditional within three days (it was Glasgow uni and I'm a Scottish student but even so). Other unis took different amounts of time although all got back to me fairly quickly. They probably have a lot of applications following the deadline. The other thing is some unis will only send out students they know are going to be a definite yes or no to begin with. The fact they haven't outright rejected you is probably a good sign :smile: The wait must be frustrating but there's more than just looking at your grades and your LNAT to consider - they do look at things like your reference and your personal statement and they get a lot of applications. I mean mine was probably so quick because the pile they were working through was so small... My boyfriend applied much closer to the deadline (to different unis and a different course) and it felt like he had to wait FOREVER to get anything back.

Thanks luv.
Reply 14

Spoiler

Original post by Tiggy98

Spoiler

Oh wow that's really good news!! Congrats!! :biggrin:
Just got my offer from UCL today too ^^ it's a day of joy
(and agonising waiting for LNAT results too, but oh well)
Reply 16
Still further digging from LSE...congrats on ur UCL offer...Hmmm...appears we 've same selection - LSE, KCL, UCL, Warwick, QML ?
Original post by Tiggy98
Still further digging from LSE...congrats on ur UCL offer...Hmmm...appears we 've same selection - LSE, KCL, UCL, Warwick, QML ?

Haha, almost xD and thanks :biggrin: But I applied for Cambridge instead of QML :smile:
KCL needs to get its ass moving.. and Pearson as well, I'm about to go insane LOL
Reply 18
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
Haha, almost xD and thanks :biggrin: But I applied for Cambridge instead of QML :smile:
KCL needs to get its ass moving.. and Pearson as well, I'm about to go insane LOL

U can relax luv. Since u got UCL, ur LNAT should be > ok. Appears no1 has heard from KCL yet ...
Reply 19
I heard from KCL on the 9th, but am waiting on LSE and UCL. If it helps I took AP tests (I'm an American student) and received 5 US Gov, 5 US History, 5 European History, 5 English Language, 4 Art History, 4 Biology and a 28 on my LNAT. I will be taking 5 more AP tests this May, but doubt that my recommender predicted scores as he didn't have any experience with UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest