Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, liberals - the day you never thought would come is finally here, I sincerely hope you all have your tissues at the ready.

For old Len, though, time to crack open the good old pickled walnuts in celebration. Finally, after 8 years of incompetence and cowardice, America is getting a real leader - one that will restore the Western world to the powerful empire it once was before political correctness took over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    The thing I like best about you, and there are many, is that you never miss the chance to go way, way over the top.

😁

Infamy?

Get a sense of proportion, please. Anyone would think he likes to grab people by the pussy, or pays the best working girls in the world to wee all over the bed his predecessor as President slept in!
    Anyone would think they were inaugurating some kind of spoiled heir from upper crust New York who lost his inheritance and made it up by contacting dodgy mates in the Russian mafia and who has a record of repeated sexual assaults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Yep. I can't believe how rude Obama was towards us.
    He never really liked Britain, or even Europe, and was more focused on Asia (at this time, he was pushing for the Trans Pacific Partnership). I also think that he still resented the British colonisation of Kenya.

ReputationRep:
    Highlight from the party last night, this from legendary country singer, songwriter Toby Keith

"We'll put a boot in your ass. That's the American way!"

American girls and American guys
    We'll always stand up and salute
    We'll always recognize
    When we see Old Glory flying
    There's a lot of men dead
    So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head
    My daddy served in the army
    Where he lost his right eye but he flew a flag out in our yard
    Until the day that he died
    He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
    To grow up and live happy
    In the land of the free
    Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack
    A mighty sucker punch came flyin' in from somewhere in the back
    Soon as we could see clearly
    Through our big black eye
    Man, we lit up your world
    Like the fourth of July
    Hey Uncle Sam, put your name at the top of his list
    And the Statue of Liberty started shakin' her fist
    And the eagle will fly man, it's gonna be hell
    When you hear mother freedom start ringin' her bell
    And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
    Brought to you courtesy of the red white and blue
    Justice will be served and the battle will rage
    This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage
    And you'll be sorry that you messed with
    The U.S. of A.
    'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
    It's the American way
    Hey uncle sam put your name at the top of his list
    And the Statue of Liberty started shakin' her fist
    And the eagle will fly it's gonna be hell
    When you hear mother freedom start ringin' her bell
    And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
    Brought to you courtesy of the red white and blue
    Oh oh of the red white and blue
    Oh oh of my red white and blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc3rPC8HijM

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Trump.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nige's in town too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCD-EipySLU

The UKIP party is going to THE place to be. The Donald is rumoured to be dropping in too...

ReputationRep:
    Nige's in town too!

The UKIP party is going to THE place to be. The Donald is rumoured to be dropping in too...
    All of the oligarchs and offshored tax evaders that funded Brexit will be there.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Says it all about the real Trump versus his public bull.
    https://twitter.com/adamboultonSKY/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

ReputationRep:
    Nige's in town too!

You seem excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManiaMuse)
    I suspect he will get more than Obama got done given that the Republicans have a majority in both houses and would probably take quite a big political swing for the Democrats to win back a lot of seats.at the midterms.
    Obama had Democratic majorities in both houses when he first came into office, with larger majorities than the GOP has now.

For all his faults, I do admire the no-nonsense way in which he talks. He's clearly ********ting without a script (or minimal rehearsal) in a lot of his speeches. Yet he never really seems to stumble and I think he has quite cleverly grasped onto concerns among voters that the US was losing its status as the most important country in the world and being made to look impotent by the actions of Russia.
    I think in a roundabout way you're picking up on a crucial point, namely that Trump's voters were, to a large extent, concerned with status. It's people upset that the world no longer revolves around them.

ReputationRep:
    Soon

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Yes, liberals - the day you never thought would come is finally here, I sincerely hope you all have your tissues at the ready.

For old Len, though, time to crack open the good old pickled walnuts in celebration. Finally, after 8 years of incompetence and cowardice, America is getting a real leader - one that will restore the Western world to the powerful empire it once was before political correctness took over.
    How did you get unbanned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    All of the oligarchs and offshored tax evaders that funded Brexit will be there.
    Which oligarchs funded Brexit?

Not saying you aren't correct, but I can't think of any. Some of Rupert Murdoch's papers (the Sun) supported it, but others (the Times) didn't and Sky was probably, on balance, Remain.

So who do you mean? Arron Banks? He's a moderately rich man, not an oligarch

You surely aren't alleging that the Russian mafia swung the vote in Sunderland and Stoke on Trent are you???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Trump admits he "aint the sharpest tool in the shed"

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Says it all about the real Trump versus his public bull.
    https://twitter.com/adamboultonSKY/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

ReputationRep:
    Which oligarchs funded Brexit?

Not saying you aren't correct, but I can't think of any. Some of Rupert Murdoch's papers (the Sun) supported it, but others (the Times) didn't and Sky was probably, on balance, Remain.

So who do you mean? Arron Banks? He's a moderately rich man, not an oligarch

You surely aren't alleging that the Russian mafia swung the vote in Sunderland and Stoke on Trent are you???
    Lord Ashcroft owns Belize. Do you feel that he's not in some way oligarchical with his £5bn, his long history of massive tax evasion, his dodgy bank, his refusal to declare his income, his fakery about living or not living in the UK - I could go on, but he's the main funder of Brexit, his money put the Tory MPs in parliament who backed the referendum and he controls silly Mrs May from behind the scenes via his puppets. Farage is a fly speck compared to him.

ReputationRep:
    Pros - Obama is taking his narcissistic face out of the White House

Cons - Trump is bringing his into the White House.

ReputationRep:
    Lord Ashcroft owns Belize. Do you feel that he's not in some way oligarchical with his £5bn, his long history of massive tax evasion, his dodgy bank, his refusal to declare his income, his fakery about living or not living in the UK - I could go on, but he's the main funder of Brexit, his money put the Tory MPs in parliament who backed the referendum and he controls silly Mrs May from behind the scenes via his puppets. Farage is a fly speck compared to him.
    He didn't support Brexit afaik?

In fact I distinctly remember him being asked by Emily Maitlis on Newsnight whether he supported it just before the referendum took place and he said he didn't but his private polling suggested it would happen.

He hated Cameron, that much is certainly true?

ReputationRep:
    He didn't support Brexit afaik?

In fact I distinctly remember him being asked by Emily Maitlis on Newsnight whether he supported it just before the referendum took place and he said he didn't but his private polling suggested it would happen.

He hated Cameron, that much is certainly true?
    "Why I'm for Brexit."

By Lord A$hcroft, 22 June 16.
    http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/14742/

One puzzle about these weird super-rich people is that none of them give a **** about Britain - they don't even live here. Why are they so concerned then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.