Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance... What do I do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for student finance and I start university a week today, so Friday 27. I have had my application approved but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do next... Do I need to make a separate bank account? If so, what's the best bank to go with?

If people could help and tell me what I need to do, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you

Edit: Also- are student maintenance loans a yearly payment or do I have to make what I've received last the full three years?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by PaintedFlare)
    I've applied for student finance and I start university a week today, so Friday 27. I have had my application approved but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do next... Do I need to make a separate bank account? If so, what's the best bank to go with?

If people could help and tell me what I need to do, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you

Edit: Also- are student maintenance loans a yearly payment or do I have to make what I've received last the full three years?
    Student finance is paid termly, and since you're due the payment in a week it's too late to change which bank the first one will go into so will into getting a student account next term maybe.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You just need a bank account which accepts BACS.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.