Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty poor in Maths and I got a very bad grade in GCSE Maths and now I am in A Levels studying History,Media Studies and Law.Can I still get into UK universities without getting C grade in Maths?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what uni and what degree. I have seen unis just ask for a C grade in English. [Obviously you need to have 5 GCSE's, but some courses don't specify you have to have both English and Maths ].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fasih123)
    I am pretty poor in Maths and I got a very bad grade in GCSE Maths and now I am in A Levels studying History,Media Studies and Law.Can I still get into UK universities without getting C grade in Maths?
    The majority of universities nowadays require C's in Maths and English, especially Russell Group universities. This is because they know that at the end of the degree you will struggle to find a job due to the lack of a C in GCSE maths. I would advise retaking it if possible.

ReputationRep:
    So there's no chance of getting into Uni without a C in Maths regardless of the course you want to take

ReputationRep:
    So there's no chance of getting into Uni without a C in Maths regardless of the course you want to take
    Essentially.

ReputationRep:
    Actually that's false, you can. Several of my friends have offers without a C in maths but obviously for low ranking unis.

It also depends on the subject too.

ReputationRep:
    I want to do majors in Media or Mass Communications.So any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I want to do majors in Media or Mass Communications.So any help would be appreciated
    Just get a C in GCSE maths

ReputationRep:
    Having a look online, for media most universities ask for a C in GCSE maths. Similar story for mass communications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Check out London Met they might let you in

ReputationRep:
    What about Humanities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Just get a C in GCSE maths
    I was never good in Maths to start with.Already gave it in OCT/NOV when I should have given it in May/June

ReputationRep:
    I think I need to give up on this dream because I know I can't get C or above in GCE as I have to focus on A Levels as well and giving my AS exams as well this year and half of my A Levels course was missed which meant I failed in my Oct Assessments of College and Mid Year examination as well

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to get into entreprenurship degrees with a D in GCSE maths? particularly teesside uni

ReputationRep:
    Anybody has idea about Law degree?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Anybody has idea about Law degree?
    You might as well enquire or do your research by checking the entry requirements for the degree you are interested in. Law degrees have no mathematical content. If you ever proceed to qualify then there is an accounts paper you will be required to pass, but even there solicitors training is all up n the air at the moment.

If they do require maths its more like a general university requirement. It s still required for many jobs, even at GCSE.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.