The Student Room Group

Don't quite understand what's happened with this date

I went on a date with a guy I met online, and he seemed very nice and respectable. I didn't find him that attractive, but he was very kind and easy to talk to. He messaged me saying he'd love to see me again and suggested going for dinner, and I accepted. He told me he'd be very busy the following week at work, but that the end of the week would be fine.

We were supposed to meet at 8pm last night at a restaurant. At 7pm, he texted me saying he was really sorry but he'd be stuck at work and that it wouldn't be possible, but if we could meet this weekend that'd be great.

I replied that it was no problem and suggested meeting tonight. I texted him at around 7:30pm last night, and haven't had a reply. However, what's odd is that at midnight, he sent me a picture. Now I have a nokia brick which cannot receive picture messages, so I was unable to open the image.

I texted him explaining so and asking what he'd sent me, but still no reply. I'm thinking the worst, but I really hope he hasn't sent me a dick pic or something of the sort. It's strange he's not replied to the messages, but that he randomly sent me a pic at midnight, when we've only met once before and don't really know each other.

Any ideas/advice? Thanks
Guy can do stupid things, don't hold it against them.
sorry no idea
Reply 3
He sent you an MMS lol?
Reply 4
yeah, an MMS at midnight. I don't have a clue what it was, I just really hope it wasn't of his penis....
but yeah, it's a mystery.. quite disappointed because he did seem lovely, but ah well.
Reply 5
I sent another text asking if we were 'still on for tonight' and nothing so far.... doesn't look good.
Reply 6
Original post by Clockrice
Guy can do stupid things, don't hold it against them.

A dick pic to someone you don't know isn't a stupid thing, it's disgusting and extremely weird behaviour!!!!
Original post by Moura
A dick pic to someone you don't know isn't a stupid thing, it's disgusting and extremely weird behaviour!!!!

While it's true, we have no idea if it was a dick pic. We don't need to be offended on behalf of someone who doesn't even know if someone did something that should offend her. :wink:

But yet - Sending a dick pic -is- weird. Regardless of if you know the person or not.
What an interesting post. It takes a certain type of person (or maybe a certain age person) to automatically think that a picture sent to their phone might be one of genitalia. I'd assume it was something altogether nicer. Maybe a puppy.

I'd wait to see what exactly the picture is/was before jumping to the assertion that he's a grubby pervert.
Reply 9
Original post by ThatOldGuy
While it's true, we have no idea if it was a dick pic. We don't need to be offended on behalf of someone who doesn't even know if someone did something that should offend her. :wink:

But yet - Sending a dick pic -is- weird. Regardless of if you know the person or not.

Let's be honest it's probably a dick pic if there's no other text with it

I'm not offended it just makes me feel grossed out
Original post by Anonymous
I sent another text asking if we were 'still on for tonight' and nothing so far.... doesn't look good.

Forget him, I would have no time for people who play games like this.
Original post by Moura
Let's be honest it's probably a dick pic if there's no other text with it

I'm not offended it just makes me feel grossed out

Could be a meme, a selfie, an artsy picture of his feet or anything. I say don't judge him until you know for sure. S'okay to judge him once you know, but it's a waste of 5 minutes of your life being grossed out if it isn't. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending