Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want to do camp america but i also want to join the Army at some point. I was actually going to start the process for the army now, do you think i should do camp in 2018 and put off the army until then because i really want to do it. As only 17 and i don't know how long i'm going to be in the army for and i may miss out on this.
    Sorry for my bad explanation.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by windyjourney)
    Basically I want to do camp america but i also want to join the Army at some point. I was actually going to start the process for the army now, do you think i should do camp in 2018 and put off the army until then because i really want to do it. As only 17 and i don't know how long i'm going to be in the army for and i may miss out on this.
    Sorry for my bad explanation.
    If it's something you really want to do, go for it. Camp America is supposed to be really good. I've had a number of friends that've done it and they've all really enjoyed it, and it's given them a lot of skills as well. You could use the extra time to improve on your fitness and such ready to join the Army

ReputationRep:
    i believe you have a minimum 4 years in the army before your allowed to sign off unless your medically or dishonourably discharged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i believe you have a minimum 4 years in the army before your allowed to sign off unless your medically or dishonourably discharged
    Yeah you do and that's why i'm contemplating on waiting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.