Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's your five year plan? Watch

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    Not everybody plans so far ahead but even though i recognize things don't go how to plan all the time this is mine:P
    Get married in october, buy a house by the end of 2018 and i ll be qualified in my job by that point and have a kid by the end of 2020, after that I just plan on seeing how things go whether I have a second kid by 2022.

ReputationRep:
    Get into uni by September, move in with my boyfriend by 2020, finish my postgraduate by 2022 and find my job I want to do
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zozaaaa)
    Get into uni by September, move in with my boyfriend by 2020, finish my postgraduate by 2022 and find my job I want to do
    what postgraduate are you thinking of doing ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    In 5 years time I hope to have finally got out of bed

ReputationRep:
    Uni in September for animation. Three year course. Then a masters. And then hopefully I'll be living with my boyfriend and working in a studio...

ReputationRep:
    Graduate this year, after which I'll be teaching for two or three years (Teach First route). After which, I'll hopefully be undertaking a full-time masters, and upon completion then apply for a PhD - if my grades and imagination allow me to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Start uni in September for Aerospace Engineering, do a Masters, work my way to becoming a chartered engineer and fund my training to become a commercial airline pilot (This will almost definitely take longer than 5 years, but saving to self-fund the training starts within the 5 years).
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just a Bloke)
    Graduate this year, after which I'll be teaching for two or three years (Teach First route). After which, I'll hopefully be undertaking a full-time masters, and upon completion then apply for a PhD - if my grades and imagination allow me to do so.
    pgce, masters and a phd, thats every qualification, that's quite the ambitious goal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    pgce, masters and a phd, thats every qualification, that's quite the ambitious goal
    Now you are just making me nervous. Be right back, re-calibrating my life ambitions to instead culminate in my fridge being properly organised.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Now you are just making me nervous. Be right back, re-calibrating my life ambitions to instead culminate in my fridge being properly organised.
    i didnt say it wasnt achievable :P

ReputationRep:
    i didnt say it wasnt achievable :P
    You haven't seen my fridge then. *ba dum tsss*
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You haven't seen my fridge then. *ba dum tsss*
    A disorganised fridge doesn't automatically mean a disorganised life, ours isnt great but the rest of the house is tidy:P

ReputationRep:
    Learn all the skills I don't know
    Be more active (aim for that six-pack!)
    Get promoted or a better job
    Save as much money as I possibly can (living in London, buying a house is no longer part of my realistic dreams )
    Meet someone and finally settle down, heck I might even have a kid now. Why not - recent events in life have made me open my eyes a bit as to what I might need in life...

ReputationRep:
    what postgraduate are you thinking of doing ?
    Hopefully something in educational or neuropsychology if I manage to get to the uni I want
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow lol
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Learn all the skills I don't know
    Be more active (aim for that six-pack!)
    Get promoted or a better job
    Save as much money as I possibly can (living in London, buying a house is no longer part of my realistic dreams )
    Meet someone and finally settle down, heck I might even have a kid now. Why not - recent events in life have made me open my eyes a bit as to what I might need in life...
    are you set on staying in london then? I decided years ago to stay northern so i could afford a house. I guess sometimes people don't realise what they want out of life until certain things hit them on the head metaphorically.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zozaaaa)
    Hopefully something in educational or neuropsychology if I manage to get to the uni I want
    sounds interesting

ReputationRep:
    Finish my A-Levels (finally) this summer, go to university this September to study psychology, complete the placement year in three years time and apply for the masters following my degree to ensure a good chance for the doctorate.

ReputationRep:
    are you set on staying in london then? I decided years ago to stay northern so i could afford a house. I guess sometimes people don't realise what they want out of life until certain things hit them on the head metaphorically.
    I have contemplated it many times, the houses are ridiculously cheap in places like Scotland. But then people are paying more for the area and life aren't they than the home.
    And thats the catch-22 for me too. I would love nothing more than to own my own home but I am a Londoner born and bred, all my friends, family and memories are here. I just can't see myself living anywhere else I'm afraid. Why the hell wasn't I born and raised in a cheaper area? So damn annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Finish my A-Levels (finally) this summer, go to university this September to study psychology, complete the placement year in three years time and apply for the masters following my degree to ensure a good chance for the doctorate.
    What uni you thinking of applying to? I want to do similar and I've applied to UoB, hoping to get in the MSci course after my first year if I get all firsts

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.