Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I include as income as a student on finance application form Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am selling a house I inherited. This has increased in value does the increase in value count as income that I need to declare on my finance application ? And if my parents income us being assessed does it count towards the household income and therefore reduce my loan? If so do I declare what is taxable as I have a cgt allowance or the whole profit amount
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpcapital)
    Hi. I am selling a house I inherited. This has increased in value does the increase in value count as income that I need to declare on my finance application ? And if my parents income us being assessed does it count towards the household income and therefore reduce my loan? If so do I declare what is taxable as I have a cgt allowance or the whole profit amount
    It's not income.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    It's not income.
    Hi. I am confused as it does talk about income from property or investments. Does the sale of the house ( as I have not lived in it) not count as income ( profit) from an investment?? I do have to do a tax return to show the amount of gain made even though it won't beaver the capital gains tax allowance
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am confused as it does talk about income from property or investments. Does the sale of the house ( as I have not lived in it) not count as income ( profit) from an investment?? I do have to do a tax return to show the amount of gain made even though it won't beaver the capital gains tax allowance
    Property rental is income.
    Share dividends are income
    Capital asset sales are not.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    And further to my previous post, if you invest the profits and that generates a income then THAT yield is indeed income for SFE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.