The Student Room Group

How many attempts did it take you to pass your driving test?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherryred90s
Yeah 2-3 minors is impressive but I suppose when you pass, no one cares

I haven't driven once in the 3.5 years since I passed my test :lol:
Original post by AndrewSCO
I haven't driven once in the 3.5 years since I passed my test :lol:

Why? Is it because of insurance prices?
took my old english teacher 24 times. she passed in the end
Second, I've never sucked so badly at anything in my life, but it doesn't matter anymore because I passed.
Why? Is it because of insurance prices?

Doesn't help but mostly because I was about to go to uni in London and there was no point having a car then. Then now I'm at uni in Glasgow there's still not really much point. But im being led to believe I'm getting insured on a car this summer over the holidays so fingers crossed :awesome:
Doesn't help but mostly because I was about to go to uni in London and there was no point having a car then. Then now I'm at uni in Glasgow there's still not really much point. But im being led to believe I'm getting insured on a car this summer over the holidays so fingers crossed :awesome:

Oh fair enough. Yeah I've heard there's not much point of a car if you live in London.

Aw that's good, it's been a long time coming lol.
Oh fair enough. Yeah I've heard there's not much point of a car if you live in London.

Aw that's good, it's been a long time coming lol.

Yeah but I wouldn't have been confident driving myself the day after my test nevermind 3 years later so it'll take getting used to :lol:
Yeah but I wouldn't have been confident driving myself the day after my test nevermind 3 years later so it'll take getting used to :lol:

Do you think you'll take some advanced or refresher lessons or something like that?
Do you think you'll take some advanced or refresher lessons or something like that?

Hmm probably just go out with my parents and drive around somewhere quiet probably
aiming for first because i cant wait to stop relying on my dad to drive me around and to stop using public transport
Third time was the charm for me, thankfully. If you happen to be doing it in London, I cannot stress enough how much easier it is to do it on a Saturday morning. Also to be in a good mental state and not to give up until the very last moment.
Original post by goodvibes
Third time was the charm for me, thankfully. If you happen to be doing it in London, I cannot stress enough how much easier it is to do it on a Saturday morning. Also to be in a good mental state and not to give up until the very last moment.

I passed on my 3rd try too :biggrin:! Take it it's less quieter on a Saturday morning in London then? But well done on passing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many lessons should you take before considering your driving test?
Original post by tobyjuggers
How many lessons should you take before considering your driving test?

Depends on how quick you pick things up, etc....

Posted from TSR Mobile
One although I'd say it was down to luck lol
Failed twice... hoping to be third time lucky :/
1st time but my bf says I drive badly and he hasn't even got a car nor done his test
Passed second time.

Two majors on my first test, was nervous so did't expect nothing from it. I was droving too close to a lorry in front on a dual-carriageway and exited a big awkward roundabout too late. My examiner was a nice chatty young woman so i thought I'd feel confident, no I didn't haha.

Second test and my examiner was a middle aged man who looked strict as but I passed, he was nice and chatty. Just the three minors so was a good drive! Was pleased to pass.
Reply 38
1st time pass :biggrin:
I passed 4th time.
I passed my theory 1st time though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending