Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm due to start my basic training at Halton in May, however I'm abit worried about some mild acne I have on my back.

It isn't bad, mostly just scaring from previous years of acne, but sometimes I get breakouts but usually go after a few days, I'm just wondering if I should be worried or not or more so will the staff at Halton be bothered by it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey CD

I wouldn't think the DS at Halton would be bothered by your condition, unless it was affecting your performance during the course. The only real issue is how it affects you personally - if it's just a nuisance rather than a debilitating condition, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. However, I'm not an expert, and if it's exacerbated by stress, then you might have to accept it may occur more frequently during basic training.

By their very nature, military boot camps are designed to take you out of your comfort zone and put you under pressure with less rest than you might be used to. This will increase stress levels and might cause your condition to erupt. Something to be aware of, but if it becomes a problem, speak to the medics at Halton, they'll do their best to help you.

Good luck during Halton and the rest of your career!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikaruss;[url="tel:69697682")
    69697682[/url]]Hey CD

I wouldn't think the DS at Halton would be bothered by your condition, unless it was affecting your performance during the course. The only real issue is how it affects you personally - if it's just a nuisance rather than a debilitating condition, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. However, I'm not an expert, and if it's exacerbated by stress, then you might have to accept it may occur more frequently during basic training.

By their very nature, military boot camps are designed to take you out of your comfort zone and put you under pressure with less rest than you might be used to. This will increase stress levels and might cause your condition to erupt. Something to be aware of, but if it becomes a problem, speak to the medics at Halton, they'll do their best to help you.

Good luck during Halton and the rest of your career!
    Thanks for your reply IKaruss,

If I can be sure of one thing it is that it's definitely just a nuisance, the only reason it bothers me is too what the staff at Halton may or may not think, it also don't cause me any discomfort of pain.

Personally for me I don't believe stress worsens my acne, I think it's just something that comes with being a teenager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD1214)
    Thanks for your reply IKaruss,

If I can be sure of one thing it is that it's definitely just a nuisance, the only reason it bothers me is too what the staff at Halton may or may not think, it also don't cause me any discomfort of pain.

Personally for me I don't believe stress worsens my acne, I think it's just something that comes with being a teenager.
    Trust me CD, Halton staff will have more personal issues to worry about than teenage skin conditions! Don't forget they are mainly looking after younger people, many of whom are away from home for the first time, so they have plenty of experience of dealing with all sorts of problems!

A good pal of mine was a Flight Commander at Halton a few years back, and I can confrm that, although it may not seem like it at the time, the staff will be very supportive and provide all the encouragement you need to succeed!

You have nothing to worry about, especially about epidermic problems!

Enjoy the course, buddy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.