Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My confidence was destroyed by my "best friend"/"girlfriend" Watch

I'm 18 and have only had sex once. I'll admit that, though it is a little embarrassing in comparison to my friends. However, there is a really big reason for this. When I lost my virginity, it was with someone that had been my best friend for a long time. After a long time in the friendzone, she told me that she liked me and that she wanted us to be together. Bearing in mind we were both virgins, it kinda shocked me that she started asking me about sexual things just a week into the relationship, however I let it pass. When I saw her after I came back from a one week holiday, we sat together on her bed, like we always did, and suddenly she started taking off her shirt. I was shocked, as obviously I'd never seen a girl naked at all or anything. Then, she took off all her clothes and asked me to have sex with her. No foreplay, no nothing. Just sex. I was really nervous and kinda in shock which sounds pathetic I know but I was shocked at why she was being like this. She told me that if I didn't then she'd be really unhappy with me, so I did it. I was so nervous I didn't even reach climax even after two hours. I'm a guy btw if you haven't worked that out. The day after, she messaged me saying she was having problems and didn't want to talk for a while and that it was my fault. She didn't talk to me for the most soul destroying week of pain of my life, I genuinely loved this girl, and when she did reply she told me it was over. We haven't spoken since. Now, I'm super nervous about any form of physical contact with girls and haven't touched a girl in any way since August. I really hope someone has any advice for me on how to become myself again and just to read this so I can get it off my chest. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You weren't ready, that was all.
    But then again, it's disrespectful of her to judge based on one moment of intercourse.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you got bamboozled, a girl just doesn't turn around and be like hey I like you now if you've been friends for years. She wanted something from you, which in this case is your **** and seeing as it wasn't as it was all turned out to be she's past it. I'd say move on she's just huge ***** and isn't worth your time. Honestly you should have said no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18 and have only had sex once. I'll admit that, though it is a little embarrassing in comparison to my friends. However, there is a really big reason for this. When I lost my virginity, it was with someone that had been my best friend for a long time. After a long time in the friendzone, she told me that she liked me and that she wanted us to be together. Bearing in mind we were both virgins, it kinda shocked me that she started asking me about sexual things just a week into the relationship, however I let it pass. When I saw her after I came back from a one week holiday, we sat together on her bed, like we always did, and suddenly she started taking off her shirt. I was shocked, as obviously I'd never seen a girl naked at all or anything. Then, she took off all her clothes and asked me to have sex with her. No foreplay, no nothing. Just sex. I was really nervous and kinda in shock which sounds pathetic I know but I was shocked at why she was being like this. She told me that if I didn't then she'd be really unhappy with me, so I did it. I was so nervous I didn't even reach climax even after two hours. I'm a guy btw if you haven't worked that out. The day after, she messaged me saying she was having problems and didn't want to talk for a while and that it was my fault. She didn't talk to me for the most soul destroying week of pain of my life, I genuinely loved this girl, and when she did reply she told me it was over. We haven't spoken since. Now, I'm super nervous about any form of physical contact with girls and haven't touched a girl in any way since August. I really hope someone has any advice for me on how to become myself again and just to read this so I can get it off my chest. Thank you
    It sounds like she just wanted sex nothing else. Also guess she wasn't a best friend seeing as she binned you straightaway.
    Not all girls are the same maybe communicate next time and say you are not confident as its your first time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.