Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had an interview today at Cambridge for the PhD in Education programme. But the interview lasted for only 25 minutes. Do you think it's a bad sign?

ReputationRep:
    Did they say anything about your performance? I mean, if they expressed satisfaction with your answers you have nothing to fear.

If you answered good, the shortest the interview the better, because it means you either confirmed their already high opinion of you, or made them realize you are a strong candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks so much for your reply. They did not say anything about my interview. I answered well questions related to my research background. But, the answers related to the proposal, especially, the ones on what is the use of field data were not very convincing I guess. However, do you know if it is usual for Cambridge to interview such a short period of time? Because I was interviewed at King's for almost 50 minutes.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripon92)
    Hi, thanks so much for your reply. They did not say anything about my interview. I answered well questions related to my research background. But, the answers related to the proposal, especially, the ones on what is the use of field data were not very convincing I guess. However, do you know if it is usual for Cambridge to interview such a short period of time? Because I was interviewed at King's for almost 50 minutes.

Thanks.
    Well I just had my MPhil interview and lasted 10 minutes, but he gave me feedback about that and said he just wanted to chat as the application was already good. Think about the interviewer's reaction to your questions if they did not give you explicit feedback

ReputationRep:
    The interview panel told me I will be contacted in two weeks about the result. I hope something positive will happen. Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.