The Student Room Group

The Friend-zone and I.

I seem to keep falling into the friend-zone and I don't know why ahahaha

Clearly if a girl friendzones me, she doesn't find me attractive yet I'm apparently a good looking guy (excuse the arrogance), I get a fair share of stares and I get quite a lot of compliments so I don't think my physical looks are too likely to be the issue. (Of course I could be wrong though lol).

I'm almost 20, I'd say i'm in the top 10% when it comes to being nice. Could this be the problem? Could it be that girls get so used to me being nice that it reduces any sex appeal I may have?

I'm also quite a confident guy, but I'm not the type of guy to be really direct and tell a girl straight away that I like them In clubs I don't have that ruthless streak in me to go up to girls and bring them home. The one time I kind of made a girl aware that I liked her, we ended up kissing within 30 seconds.

So am I right in thinking I'm just too nice and not ruthless/direct enough?
Attachment not found
Not being direct doesn't mean that you are "nice", it means that you are passive. Girls like confidence, so be direct, simple as. If she says no then move on, what have you got to lose?

By the way, one night stands aren't ruthless, as long as you make your intentions clear. Girls enjoy sex too, believe it or not.
Reply 3
You're getting friend zoned because you're being a friend towards her. Simple.

Ask them out or flirt so they don't think you're a friend.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm almost 20, I'd say i'm in the top 10% when it comes to being nice.

:rofl:
but I'm not the type of guy to be really direct and tell a girl straight away that I like them In clubs I don't have that ruthless streak in me to go up to girls and bring them home.

There's your problem

Solution: Be more direct

Results

The one time I kind of made a girl aware that I liked her, we ended up kissing within 30 seconds.

Problem solved

I accept all types of payment
Reply 6
Original post by Kravence
There's your problem

Solution: Be more direct

Results

Problem solved

I accept all types of payment

Thanks!
Reply 7
Thing is I'm not afraid of rejection but rather upsetting girls?
Reply 8
Thing is I'm not afraid of rejection but rather upsetting girls?

Lol how exactly is asking them out or flirting a little going to upset girls and why would you be afraid of that? You're not asking them to clean dog poo from your shoes, you're just asking them for a meal with you. If they do get upset (somehow) then they ain't worth your time.

Quick Reply