Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday I got a letter from DMU, saying my application has been received my application. In less than 24 hrs, I get a UCAS track notification that my application has been unsuccessful. However, I haven't gotten anything letter from DMU itself explaining this decision? My grades do reach their requirements set so I'm kinda confused why this has happened and I haven't even received any explanation? HAs this happened to anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt_tgr)
    So yesterday I got a letter from DMU, saying my application has been received my application. In less than 24 hrs, I get a UCAS track notification that my application has been unsuccessful. However, I haven't gotten anything letter from DMU itself explaining this decision? My grades do reach their requirements set so I'm kinda confused why this has happened and I haven't even received any explanation? HAs this happened to anyone?
    Maybe ur P.S wasn't to standard? or the course u applied 4 is really popular and u applied too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skillz-07)
    Maybe ur P.S wasn't to standard? or the course u applied 4 is really popular and u applied too late
    hmm... Gave my P.S. to an Oxford offer holder and he said that it was nearly perfect... I don't know, I messaged the uni asking for some feedback on my application :/
    The most worrying thing is that it was my "safe" choice hahaha. Seems like a gap year is upon me lol

ReputationRep:
    when did you send off your application? If you only just got an acknowledgement, it sounds to me as though you might have applied after (or at least very close to) the January deadline, in which case they are not obliged to give your application equal consideration and could be sufficient grounds for this rejection.

Sorry to hear this though, hope you have better luck with your other uni choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith268)
    when did you send off your application? If you only just got an acknowledgement, it sounds to me as though you might have applied after (or at least very close to) the January deadline, in which case they are not obliged to give your application equal consideration and could be sufficient grounds for this rejection.

Sorry to hear this though, hope you have better luck with your other uni choices!
    Well Our teacher sent off everyone's applications on the 15th. I got a letter from UCAS around 40min before the deadline that my application has been processed and passed on to universities. It is kinda weird how the uni sent me a letter of acknowledgment 4 days after the 15th and then rejected me in less than 24hrs... As I said, I'll see what sort of a feedback they give to me (if any haha)

ReputationRep:
    Well Our teacher sent off everyone's applications on the 15th. I got a letter from UCAS around 40min before the deadline that my application has been processed and passed on to universities. It is kinda weird how the uni sent me a letter of acknowledgment 4 days after the 15th and then rejected me in less than 24hrs... As I said, I'll see what sort of a feedback they give to me (if any haha)
    When you say you were notified by UCAS, was that the first or second email? (ie. was it the UCAS Apply Acknowledgement or was it the Welcome to UCAS email?) Possible that UCAS took a while to process - can take up to 48 hours, and so the universities might have received you application late, even if you sent it off before the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith268)
    When you say you were notified by UCAS, was that the first or second email? (ie. was it the UCAS Apply Acknowledgement or was it the Welcome to UCAS email?) Possible that UCAS took a while to process - can take up to 48 hours, and so the universities might have received you application late, even if you sent it off before the deadline.
    Nope, I got two ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I got two ^.^
    idk then man I'm out of ideas hope the feedback is more enlightening

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried emailing the uni to ask why?

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.