The Student Room Group

Opinions on revising early in the morning?

What is your opinion on revising early in the morning? By early in the morning, I mean from about 4am to 7pm. It looks like I'm going to have to start doing this, if I want to have any chance of doing well in my A-levels.
The main reason being- I have to work all day at the weekends, meaning I'll have no time to revise. No point doing it at night because I'll be too tired from my ELEVEN HOUR SHIFTS.
I can't quit the job because I need it to earn money for university, and my parents will be b****ing at me for being financially dependent on them (they said they're not going to give me any money at all once I turn 18).

So, anyway, how efficient do you think revising in the early hours of the morning will be, if I aim to go to sleep between 9pm and 10pm?
Do you have any experiences of doing this?

It will just be at the weekends when I do this btw.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures...
Original post by jessyjellytot14
What is your opinion on revising early in the morning? By early in the morning, I mean from about 4am to 7pm. It looks like I'm going to have to start doing this, if I want to have any chance of doing well in my A-levels.
The main reason being- I have to work all day at the weekends, meaning I'll have no time to revise. No point doing it at night because I'll be too tired from my ELEVEN HOUR SHIFTS.
I can't quit the job because I need it to earn money for university, and my parents will be b****ing at me for being financially dependent on them (they said they're not going to give me any money at all once I turn 18).

So, anyway, how efficient do you think revising in the early hours of the morning will be, if I aim to go to sleep between 9pm and 10pm?
Do you have any experiences of doing this?

It will just be at the weekends when I do this btw.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures...

Please remind your parents that the government expects them to pay for you whilst you are at university, and that you will be able to borrow less money because of their earnings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Please remind your parents that the government expects them to pay for you whilst you are at university, and that you will be able to borrow less money because of their earnings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't want to spend money on me though; I'm just a financial burden to them.
Original post by jessyjellytot14
They don't want to spend money on me though; I'm just a financial burden to them.

Inform them that their income prevents you from getting a loan, you have no other choice.

Alternatively, you could perhaps arrange that you pay back any money they give you after uni when you've got a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some revision is better than no revision. If this is your situation then I'd recommend doing your revision in the morning and trying your best to recite some of your revision in your head throughout your day/night at work. I find that helpful. On your lunch break try a bit or maybe watch a video related to your subject. And when you wake up the next morning, just do 5/10 minutes scan reading your previous days notes before starting another subject. It works for me, but obviously everyone learns differently.

-Good Luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Its fine aslong as you get enough sleep

Quick Reply

Latest