Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So Stressed at Uni - Need to get away - can I get a flight tomorrow? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Please don't judge:

I am so stressed at Uni with my essays. Literally I am like numb with stress. I just want to get away for the weekend. New York looks good.

Can I get any flights going out tomorrow, and returning like for Monday/Tuesday? Ive got a seminar on Tueday that I cant miss.

I am so stressed about these essays. I just want to get away for a bit.

I have actually applied for and been approved on the etas scheme - i just need flights and a hotel - Can I get that tomorrow at Heathrow?

I go to Uni up north, and have already booked train tickets to london tomorrow out of stress. I just want to get away for a bit.

NY seems nice.

Please advise.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Easy Enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssayCrisis)
    Please don't judge:

I am so stressed at Uni with my essays. Literally I am like numb with stress. I just want to get away for the weekend. New York looks good.

Can I get any flights going out tomorrow, and returning like for Monday/Tuesday? Ive got a seminar on Tueday that I cant miss.

I am so stressed about these essays. I just want to get away for a bit.

I have actually applied for and been approved on the etas scheme - i just need flights and a hotel - Can I get that tomorrow at Heathrow?

I go to Uni up north, and have already booked train tickets to london tomorrow out of stress. I just want to get away for a bit.

NY seems nice.

Please advise.

Many thanks
    You would only spend one day there, wouldn't it be better to go somewhere closer?

But yeah, you should be able to get tickets

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous idea.

ReputationRep:
    Sky scanner!
    Put in your local airport, destination as everywhere, your departure and return date. It'll bring up the cheapest flights and location!
    Ignore everyone who's saying it's ridiculous. I wish I could fly off spur of the moment!

ReputationRep:
    I want to run away to somewhere far away too. Except I wouldn't have any intention of coming home for a while.
    Sucks because I have no choice but to stay here anyway. Tied down by too many responsibilities :\

ReputationRep:
    Expensive but sure, just check flights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Easy Enough
    (Original post by Kravence)
    You would only spend one day there, wouldn't it be better to go somewhere closer?

But yeah, you should be able to get tickets
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Ridiculous idea.
    (Original post by keeleyvic)
    Sky scanner!
    Put in your local airport, destination as everywhere, your departure and return date. It'll bring up the cheapest flights and location!
    Ignore everyone who's saying it's ridiculous. I wish I could fly off spur of the moment!
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    I want to run away to somewhere far away too. Except I wouldn't have any intention of coming home for a while.
    Sucks because I have no choice but to stay here anyway. Tied down by too many responsibilities :\
    Booked! Leaving tonight - will be back Monday Evening. Will be good just to get away from the pressure, even just for a day!!

But nervous though - Ive only every travelled as far as Berlin on my own before!!

ReputationRep:
    Booked! Leaving tonight - will be back Monday Evening. Will be good just to get away from the pressure, even just for a day!!

But nervous though - Ive only every travelled as far as Berlin on my own before!!
    A day off is a day off I guess. Have fun on your trip

ReputationRep:

Don't be nervous about the travelling! The point of this was to get away from all the stress! Enjoy the new experience and the peace and quiet and alone time in the plane will be nice! See the sites and have a wander around! Have a fab time!

ReputationRep:
    Back from New York - a little yet lagged, but overall it was amazing! Wish I didn't have a seminar tomorrow, and could have stayed longer! Cycling through Times Square was incredible!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_3695.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  501.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_3753.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  502.7 KB

Met this lady at the airport. Top marks for effort! Spread the message, she said.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.