Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a deferred place studying popular music performance from last year. I have heard some good and some bad about the uni. If anyone knows first hand what the lecturers, courses, facilities, etc are like I would be grateful.

Also if anyone knows anything about the reputation of the uni and where it stacks up against other music colleges, e.g. BIMM.

Again, thanks for any replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeggTekk)
    I have a deferred place studying popular music performance from last year. I have heard some good and some bad about the uni. If anyone knows first hand what the lecturers, courses, facilities, etc are like I would be grateful.

Also if anyone knows anything about the reputation of the uni and where it stacks up against other music colleges, e.g. BIMM.

Again, thanks for any replies.
    Hey, sorry I only have limited advice to offer, but ill have a go anyway lol.

Ive been to the LCM and the facilities are great, the hallways are a bit cramped (as its a building right in town) but there are many rooms, lots of equipment and I think theyve recently had a renovation. I would highly advise you booking a visit if possible so you can see for yourself, the library is AMAZING! in the five minutes I had to look around, I found books I had been looking for for years!

And on accounts to BIMM, my friend is currently doing a songwriting course in bristol. He said the course is good and it encourages you to get out there for the live performances, but he is still yet to see how he can put his qual into action after he leaves.

Sorry for limited info :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.