Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im About to Start wolverhampton Uni in september and missed the chance to get in the halls of residence, but have decided to rent a house with some friends in wolverhampton, anyone else do this in teher first year? any advise would be very much appreciated?

Thanks A lot

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm going to move into the halls.

ReputationRep:
    Where in Wolves are you moving to?

Which part of Brum do you live in atm?

ReputationRep:
    hi dont know were im moving to yet lol viewing houses on wednesday! and advice for areas? i live in yardley in birmingham at the moment thanx for the reply

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I live in Dudley and work in Wolves. I've no advice about where to live though as I don't know the residential areas well! I'm at Birmingham uni, though and live in Selly Oak during the term (perhaps you could rent my room at home, hehe!)

If you want to know anything about Wolves shopping or nightlife, feel free to ask me questions!

ReputationRep:
    yeh what sit liek in teh city centre good place or not and what does it have n terms on cinemas etc?

ReputationRep:
    most student houses are in whitmore reans. It's not a nice area but is walking distance to the uni.

Uni halls are expensive for what they are the new one - 5 ways is incredibly expensive. A friend of mine was there and not only was she paying £70.00 per week but had a £20.00 per month electic bill on top. That's what I pay for a 2 bedroomed house.

Get a house that the uni has acredited. Not sure but i think there are links on the web page.

If you can get some furniture together consider council accomodation - quite a lot is empty and cheap.

You should be able to get a room in a shared house for £40 / 45 per week.

There's also a guy called Dino Vinsentin who owns property all over wolves. I know a couple of people who have rented flats / bedsits off him. A bedsit is about £45.00 per week but you'd be in a building with mainly people who are working. He has a few places around Chapel Ash which is quite a nice area and walking distance to the main uni building. On the way back from town you pass a couple of kebab places, useful after a night out.

ReputationRep:
    thanx a lot but i have friends who are planning to rent a house with me, i just wanted to know of the costs and any good areas aroud the university?

ReputationRep:
    check out this

http://www.studentpad.co.uk/index.htm

even if you are sharing with friends the landlord will rent you a room individually which is better if someone moves out because you don't have to find their rent which you would have to do if you had a shared tenency.

just being nosey what course are you doing at Wolves?

ReputationRep:
    sorry itrs late lol but i am doing law anyone else goin to wolverhampton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny B)
    sorry itrs late lol but i am doing law anyone else goin to wolverhampton?
    Oh I know a couple of people who've just finnished CPE at Wolves and a couple who did law a couple of years ago.

I'm not at Wolves uni but I live in Wolves, Igot to know the students doing Law because they are deaf and I'm a sign language user. Loads of deaf students go to Wolves because they get good support (interpreters, notetakers, English support).

Hope you enjoy it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.