The Student Room Group

Please help a levels

I'm finding it extremely hard to stay focussed and motivated for my exams and revision in general, my brain constantly feels foggy and I cannot concentrate at all whatsoever ive tried everything this worries me as my exams are around the corner ...
Reply 1
Original post by revision1
I'm finding it extremely hard to stay focussed and motivated for my exams and revision in general, my brain constantly feels foggy and I cannot concentrate at all whatsoever ive tried everything this worries me as my exams are around the corner ...

Hi, I have found myself in a similar situation in the past. I would recommend taking a break from work, as it could be that you just haven't had time to relax- I sometimes find that if I spend too much time on work I end up out of it, also if you can't concentrate you won't benefit from revising. The other thing could be to make yourself goals (with rewards) to do work, which may help motivate you. For focusing I would recommend trying to work with no distractions, so keep your phone away, and I would suggest turning off your computer- unless you are using a revision source online. Finally try and not give yourself too much work to do- take plenty of breaks and keep revision sessions to an hour max, as the average teenager can only stay focused for about 45 minutes.

If you seriously have tried everything I know it sounds weird, but consider going to a doctor because there could be a medical reason for your brain feeling foggy.

Quick Reply

Latest