Turn on thread page Beta

The Truth About Eggs watch

ReputationRep:
    WARNING: Some viewers may find this disturbing.

Spoiler:
    Show

Skip to 28:54

For those who do not wish to watch the explanation on the video, I shall explain here. So in order to know what an egg that is laid by a chicken is how about we look at humans and in particular women..

In order for a women to have a child, a women's egg and males sperm must be combined, when a women is not having a child they have a period once a month or there abouts. When a women has a period that is there body disposing off an unfertilised egg.

So now back to hen eggs, you know the ones so many people eat. So what is a hen egg, well it is an unfertilised egg which is also known as a period. So when you are eating hen eggs, when you boil them or scramble them or whatever you do with them, you are eating a hens period.

Maybe some people will be fine with that but would you eat a women's period? If not then why are you eating a hens period?

ReputationRep:
    Most vegans eat the genitals of plants. I find that both disturbing and funny.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Even if you classify them as 'chicken periods' they are full of nutrition that is good for the human body and they taste good. I don't think calling them periods is accurate though.

ReputationRep:
    I think you would ask the question of would another species eat a women's period? Assuming as chickens don't eat eggs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)

Spoiler:
    Show

For those who do not wish to watch the explanation on the video, I shall explain here. So in order to know what an egg that is laid by a chicken is how about we look at humans and in particular women..

In order for a women to have a child, a women's egg and males sperm must be combined, when a women is not having a child they have a period once a month or there abouts. When a women has a period that is there body disposing off an unfertilised egg.

So now back to hen eggs, you know the ones so many people eat. So what is a hen egg, well it is an unfertilised egg which is also known as a period. So when you are eating hen eggs, when you boil them or scramble them or whatever you do with them, you are eating a hens period.

Maybe some people will be fine with that but would you eat a women's period? If not then why are you eating a hens period?

If a women was okay with it and if her period tasted as good as eggs i would eat cooked period. I like animals, but i like eating animals more. So fock you i'm sticking with my steak and nice food and your can go what you grass in a corner you special snowflake.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Because they're full of nutrition. If people want to eat eggs then let them eat eggs. Mind yo business

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Chickens don't menstruate and an egg is a single very large cell protected from any inedible (or just plain gross) stuff until you decide to crack it open, not an expulsion of all manner of gross stuff. It's not a period.

Also, you're asking people why they might have an issue consuming human tissue. Besides the fact that periods are icky, you're also asking if people have an issue with cannibalism.

So yeah, moronic equivocation is moronic.

ReputationRep:
    Plants don't have nervous systems and therefore can't feel pain like animals can. Anyway this thread is about eggs not plants.
    Just because it's a hen's period doesn't mean it's not nutritional?

Or are you focusing on the ethical perspective?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    I think you would ask the question of would another species eat a women's period? Assuming as chickens don't eat eggs.
    Chickens do eat eggs, and actually - feeding them their own eggshell is great as it supplements laying hens with calcium.

ReputationRep:
    Plants don't have nervous systems and therefore can't feel pain like animals can. Anyway this thread is about eggs not plants.
    Do unfertilised eggs have nervous systems?

ReputationRep:
    The ethical perspective and what it actually is, as many people fail to realise that an egg is a hens period.
    Wouldn't put me off a human and I'm pretty damn open minded frankly

ReputationRep:
    They are not necessary to eat to live a healthy life... and hens period is exactly what they are... no point avoiding it.

I don't think a women would let another species eat her period but people force chickens to let them eat theirs.

So you would eat a women's period and you call me special. LMAO.

Not necessary to eat for a healthy life though.

The insides of eggs are icky... it seems people are happy to have one rule for animals and another for humans.
    Im sure you like chocolate. Is dat necessary for a healthy life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    this guy has a point, plus the chicken isnt harmed if its free range.So it's got similar ethics as plants in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    They are not necessary to eat to live a healthy life... and hens period is exactly what they are... no point avoiding it.

I don't think a women would let another species eat her period but people force chickens to let them eat theirs.

The insides of eggs are icky... it seems people are happy to have one rule for animals and another for humans.
    It's not about whether or not someone would let another species eat their periods, we wouldn't eat a women's period as it's probably stigmatised and sounds disgusting. Just to clarify also I don't eat eggs, I'm just saying you should go about convincing people with the health argument and moral standpoint rather than some flawed comparison.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    You can't take them seriosly. The same people who are """pro choice""".
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They are extremely necessary for some people - it is especially remarkable that while eggs are low in calories for a filling meal, they are packed with vitamins and minerals. Just one example, when cooked, biotin is an important vitamin eggs provide - ensuring healthy hair, skin and nails.

If it is so wrong to eat eggs why do they provide such an abundance of nutrition that really helps people live a healthy lifestyle?

Chickens don't particularly mind, and will try to eat the eggs themselves where they can. You can't say the same for a human woman.

One poster already pointed out how they are not periods.

'Not necessary' means nothing. It is an easy and tasty source of multiple vitamins, as I have already said.

They aren't really as icky as it would be to cook a human's waste during menstruation, besides, you can't compare it as they are not the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Referring to a hen's egg as her period is right up there with evolution is just a theory as a way of getting biologists to collectively face palm.

You can make a good argument for not eating eggs on ethical grounds, but this is not one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    You can't take them seriosly. The same people who are """pro choice""".
    I never thought of it like that, but you're right.

I am pro-choice myself, but I still think it's a baby, I just don't care about the children of strangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Relevant

How ****ing high were they? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You would go down on a woman on her period right?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.