Turn on thread page Beta

The Truth About Eggs watch

ReputationRep:
    I never said our canines necessarily. make us meat eaters. Nonetheless:

the herbivores with large canines are simply the exceptions to the rule
    gorillas and quite a lot of those animals are technically omnivores, they will eat meat if the opportunity arise.
    the grouping of omnivores and carnivores in that article is pretty inaccurate, they're (we're) pretty different
    Lions stomach pH is 1-2, ours is around 2.

There are also other herbivore/prey traits that the article omits, like eyes on the side of the skull for a wider field of view.

Regardless, rather than second guessing what we've evolved to eat, we should eat what can be empirically shown to be the optimum diet, which is a diverse diet high in fruits, grains and vegetables, but also fish and some meat. Hitting your macros and micros on a vegan diet is just pretty improbable unless you're actively planning your diet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonoLuma)
    As another astute observer mentioned, eggs dont have a nervous system either.

I'm interested in the whole "plant pain" thing, it seems to be the lynchpin of every veganists arguments, but is there actually any proof or biological study that proves plants dont feel some kind of pain? (and Im talking interdimensional pain here, we cant consider that plants will feel animal like pain, thats why theyre in a different... phylem? or family? cant remember.)

Is pain really the reason why people are vegan? Im not saying that's not a noble reason, but it is very subjective and therefore open to interpretation and nuance.
    Kingdom

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    Kingdom

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Pretty obvious now I think about it! lol

ReputationRep:
    seriously? sound ridiculous. I thought that everyone like eggs

.....still gonna eat it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.