Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a 1st year university student and I'm thinking about changing courses and study law instead of what I'm studying right now and I got BCCC on my a levels last year, what unis are more likely to accept me with these grades? And will the grades I get in 1st year also count? Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxo97)
    Hi, I'm a 1st year university student and I'm thinking about changing courses and study law instead of what I'm studying right now and I got BCCC on my a levels last year, what unis are more likely to accept me with these grades? And will the grades I get in 1st year also count? Thanks
    what is it your are currently studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    what is it your are currently studying?
    Criminology and law
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxo97)
    Criminology and law
    have you spoken to your current university about switching? there could be common modules so you could just sit the ones you need to next year rather than starting from scratch.

ReputationRep:
    Not wishing to sound negative, but if you change courses you usually need to meet the entrance requirements of the course to which you are transferring, and BCCC would never have got you a place to study law. At least you're doing Law as part of your current course so you've got a bit of a track record. You need really to speak to your tutor at your CURRENT university to see if they'd accept a transfer from you, as I think it not likely that you'd be accepted by another university as a transfer. By 'first year' student, do you mean that you're currently in your second term?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.