Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many driving lessons before you passed your test? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How many driving lessons did you take before you passed your test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aj123456)
    How many driving lessons did you take before you passed your test?
    People say the average is between 20 and 30.

Personally I'm 10 lessons in and taking my theory next week, after that I'd say I'm not that far away from my practical, I'm on the main roads and doing fine as it is, just need to learn the manoeuvres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    People say the average is between 20 and 30.

Personally I'm 10 lessons in and taking my theory next week, after that I'd say I'm not that far away from my practical, I'm on the main roads and doing fine as it is, just need to learn the manoeuvres.
    20 or 30 seems like a lot of lessons and would be very be very expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aj123456)
    20 or 30 seems like a lot of lessons and would be very be very expensive.
    Get a part time job and pay for it yourself then; that's what I'm doing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I took my theory and passed that on my 17th birthday, and then from there I had about 20 hours before I passed my test (I passed first time), but it took me a while to get confident! It really depends on your confidence and if you have your own car to practice in, I had my own car so I used to drive almost every day with my mum which really boosted my confidence. I also had a really good instructor who helped with my confidence and didn't rinse me for money by making me do loads of lessons. I know people who have passed in 12 hours of learning and then I know people with their own cars who have been learning for over a year, I think it really depends on your confidence, any previous experience, how good your instructor is and how long the waiting list is for tests in your area!

ReputationRep:
    I failed 1st time with 18 lessons, passed 2nd on my 20th lesson.

ReputationRep:
    Passed first time 25 lessons

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.