Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this is my first blog post for The Student Room so I'm hoping by doing this it will motivate me to be more productive in the few weeks I have till my GCSEs.

My Mock GCSE results from November 2016-
    English Language: 4 (Target grade: 6) Aspirational grade: 6/7 (B/A)

English Literature: 6 (Target grade: 7) Aspirational grade: 7 (A)

Maths: 4 (Target grade: 5) Aspirational grade: 6 (B)

Additional Science: B (Target grade: B) Aspirational grade: B

History: A (Target grade: B) Aspirational grade: A

RE: B (Target grade: B) Aspirational grade: A

German: C (Target grade: B) Aspirational grade: B

ICT: A* (Target grade: A) Asprational grade: A*

Textiles: B (Target grade: B) 
 Aspirational grade: A

Specific Subject run-through and how I feel about them- 

English Language: This is one of the subjects that I need to work on. To do this I will practice writing in timed conditions including transactional writing. I would like to get this grade up to at least a 6 or even higher if I can.

English Literature: This is also a subject I need to work on. Although I got a 6 and my target is a 7, I would like to get 7 or higher as this is a subject I would like to do for A-Levels. To do this I will again, practice timed writing including poetry and the assigned books. I will also write down quotes I need to learn from each book and poem and have them pre-analysed.

Maths: This subject will be my main focus as well as English. I would hopfully like to get my current mock grade up to a 5 or 6. Maths is a subject I really struggle with, I always have, but I'm hoping to give it one last push to get the grade I need. I don't feel the mock grade I got reflects the work I do in class and my own individual work.

RE: I am hoping to get this grade up to an A. To do this I will learn quotes for each topic for different religions and how they link to the topic. I will also go over how to answer each style of question and the techniques I need for them.

German: I am aiming for a B in this subject. I am currently preparing for a GCSE speaking assessment which will be before February half-term. After this I only have listening and reading exams which I will revise the vocab for.

Textiles: This is the subject I find the time consuming which sometimes results in my sketch book not being how I planned it to be as I have rushed it. So for this I will hopfully find the time to go over my old sketch books and refine the work I've done in them. This will also apply to my previous final pieces. I will dedicate a weekend to redoing my sketch books and most after school dates for looking over my final pieces. I am hoping to get this up to an A but I will need to put a lot of work in from now and I don't know if it'll be a priority as we get closer to the GCSE period.

Good luck to everyone else doing revision in preparation for exams!
    I will update weekly on how I'm feeling as the exams are coming closer and what I have done in that week to help xx

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck. :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.