Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutch1980)
    I know .. I really do need to chill 😕 Glad you've heard back .. Good Luck and I hope you get the your chosen uni 🍀👍🏼
    I did, thank you <3 Good luck to you too!!

ReputationRep:
    My course/ uni haven't even started going over applications yet. Which doesn't particularly bode well 😭😂👌 oh the constant nausea inducing anxiety...

ReputationRep:
    Ha I know .. but mine was sent first that's why I was a little shocked when they all started hearing back .. Good Luck 🍀 Keep me updated how you get on 👍🏼
    That sucks, I wouldn't worry 2 weeks in the grand scheme of university things isn't long. It's possible a pile was given to one admissions tutor and another to a different one. 1 did them all fast, the other is being slower. It happens. Don't think you'll be rejected because of it!
    Sure I will, should ( I HOPE ) hear back next week from somewhere or it'll have been a ridiculously long wait for 1 offer.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer back from a university in like a day and another a few days after but I think I'm going to have to settle down to wait for my remaining universities to reply. It's not nice waiting but I wouldn't assume anything just because you've haven't got replies yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    That sucks, I wouldn't worry 2 weeks in the grand scheme of university things isn't long. It's possible a pile was given to one admissions tutor and another to a different one. 1 did them all fast, the other is being slower. It happens. Don't think you'll be rejected because of it!
    Sure I will, should ( I HOPE ) hear back next week from somewhere or it'll have been a ridiculously long wait for 1 offer.
    Hope so 😕 .. hope you hear back soon 🍀👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc575)
    I got an offer back from a university in like a day and another a few days after but I think I'm going to have to settle down to wait for my remaining universities to reply. It's not nice waiting but I wouldn't assume anything just because you've haven't got replies yet.
    Ano it's hard not to panic when everyone else is getting interviews and I'm like .. hey where's mine 😱😂

ReputationRep:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Adult Nursing .. Some of the girls on my access have applied for all different fields of nursing like midwifery .. so I'll just sit and wait 😭😭 Alls I can do really .. Good luck 🍀
    You've applied for a very competitive course, there'll only be so many interview dates available so you could be in a wait for an offer.

ReputationRep:
    some unis get back to you in a few days, others take months but most take a few weeks so you'll hear back soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    some unis get back to you in a few days, others take months but most take a few weeks so you'll hear back soon!
    Hope so .. thank you x
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Universities are getting back to applicants as quickly as they can - the weeks around January 15th are some of the busiest for admissions teams in the entire year!

If you are really concerned, then there is no harm in giving the University you applied to a ring for a chat.

There are things that mean you wait a little bit longer for a decision - for example if you are going to be interviewed, if you have non-standard qualifications, if you have been out of education for a while, and so on...

Good luck with your application(s)!!

David Mills
    Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University
    https://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/

ReputationRep:
    My son applied with two hours to spare on 15th January. But he is applying for Direct Entry into Year Two. UCAS just keeps saying all Universities are considering his application. It says Referred, whatever that means. But i'm not sure if he will hear quickly, as he is applying to a year different to the vast majority of people, or the opposite, as they will all have to map the modules he has studied so far, etc to see if he will be able to transfer to year two. I suppose there's no way of knowing which. It's not a competitive course; Health and Social Care at all five Unis; Man Met, London Met, Liverpool John Moores, Liverpool Hope and Ulster so again, it's not RG or anything spectacular. Do you think he stands a good chance of getting a conditional offer [depending on his final HND grade in June] ?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    My son applied with two hours to spare on 15th January. But he is applying for Direct Entry into Year Two. UCAS just keeps saying all Universities are considering his application. It says Referred, whatever that means. But i'm not sure if he will hear quickly, as he is applying to a year different to the vast majority of people, or the opposite, as they will all have to map the modules he has studied so far, etc to see if he will be able to transfer to year two. I suppose there's no way of knowing which. It's not a competitive course; Health and Social Care at all five Unis; Man Met, London Met, Liverpool John Moores, Liverpool Hope and Ulster so again, it's not RG or anything spectacular.
    Each University will have it's own process to map things backwards - it may be a case that he has to do some more paperwork in the meantime before they are able to make an offer

Do you think he stands a good chance of getting a conditional offer [depending on his final HND grade in June] ?
    Each University will have its own requirements about what they are looking for - it may even come down to the content in each individual programmes. Hopefully, if he doesn't get an offer for second year, then he would be considered for first year. If he isn't made the offer he wants, he can always have a conversation with other Universities.

David Mills
    https://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glyndŵr University)
    Each University will have it's own process to map things backwards - it may be a case that he has to do some more paperwork in the meantime before they are able to make an offer

Each University will have its own requirements about what they are looking for - it may even come down to the content in each individual programmes. Hopefully, if he doesn't get an offer for second year, then he would be considered for first year. If he isn't made the offer he wants, he can always have a conversation with other Universities.

David Mills
    [/i]
    Thank you for your help. Unfortunately he HAS to go into the second year as he has used up two years of his HE funding on the HND, which only allows him entry into the second year of a degree, as not enough modules have been covered to allow entry into the final year. So it's second year entry or nothing, i'm afraid.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    universities have until March ish to reply,
    May

Universities MUST reply by 5 May to any application recieved before the 15 Jan deadline. Any application outstanding at that point will be rejected by UCAS.

UCAS ASK universities to TRY to reply by March 31st....but that's very much optional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    May

Universities MUST reply by 5 May to any application recieved before the 15 Jan deadline. Any application outstanding at that point will be rejected by UCAS.

UCAS ASK universities to TRY to reply by March 31st....but that's very much optional.
    I knew it was one of the months starting with MA.

Now that you mention it, the universities in acknowledgement emails said they'd try to reply by the end of March. I thought the deadline for people to choose firm and insurance choices was May.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I knew it was one of the months starting with MA.

Now that you mention it, the universities in acknowledgement emails said they'd try to reply by the end of March. I thought the deadline for people to choose firm and insurance choices was May.
    If all 5 of your choices make a decision by 31st March then your deadline for firm/insurance is 4 May.

If even one hasn't decided on 1 April then your deadline is 8 June - that way everyone will have at least a month between getting all their decisions/offers and picking a firm/insurance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.