Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People born in the 90's? Millennials or generation z? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious because I was always told I was a millennial. But some stuff doesnt add up. Millennials grew up in the 90's. And came of age in 2000's. I read about millennial and the description talks about the struggle of employment during the recession and how they were adults or near adults during the 9/11 attacks. And also that their parents are usually baby boomers. And then politically they're usually liberals. I was 7 when the 9/11 attacks took place nowhere near an adult. And I was just starting high school with the recession. I noticed how it affected my mom and impacting her employment. My mom and dad were generation Xers. And I am politically very conservative. I'm actually pretty conservative for generation z maybe even. Which when I read about generation z I'm very similar to this description. The description talks more about how people in generation z were growing up during and after the 9/11 attacks and how this generation has parents from the x generation rather than babyboomer generations. And that they are politically conservative fiscally conservative and more supported Donald trump than Hillary Clinton. Which I voted for Donald trump secretly lol. I never tell people that IRL. Lol. But yeah the only thing that is confusing it the years provided seem to range. They say generation y ends in the mid 90's and some say it ends in 92-94. I was born at the very end of 1993. Some say generation z starts in 1993. While others say it starts in 1995. And then others say after 2000. I didnt come of age in the 2000s I came of age in the 2010s. Also studies done a few years ago included generation z as my age range range. So which one am I? Am I just inbetween the two or what? Generation z to me sounds identical to how I grew up.

The nickname is even echo boomers for the millennial.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z

So people born in the 90's millennial or generation z?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EDJoe23)
    I'm curious because I was always told I was a millennial. But some stuff doesnt add up. Millennials grew up in the 90's. And came of age in 2000's. I read about millennial and the description talks about the struggle of employment during the recession and how they were adults or near adults during the 9/11 attacks. And also that their parents are usually baby boomers. And then politically they're usually liberals. I was 7 when the 9/11 attacks took place nowhere near an adult. And I was just starting high school with the recession. I noticed how it affected my mom and impacting her employment. My mom and dad were generation Xers. And I am politically very conservative. I'm actually pretty conservative for generation z maybe even. Which when I read about generation z I'm very similar to this description. The description talks more about how people in generation z were growing up during and after the 9/11 attacks and how this generation has parents from the x generation rather than babyboomer generations. And that they are politically conservative fiscally conservative and more supported Donald trump than Hillary Clinton. Which I voted for Donald trump secretly lol. I never tell people that IRL. Lol. But yeah the only thing that is confusing it the years provided seem to range. They say generation y ends in the mid 90's and some say it ends in 92-94. I was born at the very end of 1993. Some say generation z starts in 1993. While others say it starts in 1995. And then others say after 2000. I didnt come of age in the 2000s I came of age in the 2010s. Also studies done a few years ago included generation z as my age range range. So which one am I? Am I just inbetween the two or what? Generation z to me sounds identical to how I grew up.

The nickname is even echo boomers for the millennial.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z

So people born in the 90's millennial or generation z?
    the millennials were born between 1983-2000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    the millennials were born between 1983-2000

Some sources go all the way until 2004 actually. But what doesnt really seem to fit is the term millenials to me. Millennial means coming of age in the 2000's. Not the 2010's plus the nickname being echo boomers implying that they are the children of the babyboomers.

I'm also fitting to the term generation snowflake as I came of age in the 2010's. Some places have generation x end in the mid to late 70's and generation y end in the mid 90's. That makes more sense to me because those who were born in the early 90's came of age before 2010 therefore millennial makes more sense to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.