Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For a course that takes place in Birley [Social Care]. Is all the uni accommodation in Hulme?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by markova21)
    For a course that takes place in Birley [Social Care]. Is all the uni accommodation in Hulme?
    All of our University owned accommodation is within walking distance of the Birley Campus.

The closest are the Birley Townhouses and the Flats which are on the Birley Campus and a couple of minutes walk from the Brooks Building, where the Social Care course is based. The furthest away is Cavendish, however this is still only around a 10 minutes walk , so all are close to the Birley Campus.

We have people who are studying at Birley in all of our accommodation halls.

Full details on our accommodation can be found at http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/manchester/.

Have you had the chance to visit us at one of our Open Days to see the accommodation?

Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
    All of our University owned accommodation is within walking distance of the Birley Campus.

The closest are the Birley Townhouses and the Flats which are on the Birley Campus and a couple of minutes walk from the Brooks Building, where the Social Care course is based. The furthest away is Cavendish, however this is still only around a 10 minutes walk , so all are close to the Birley Campus.

We have people who are studying at Birley in all of our accommodation halls.

Full details on our accommodation can be found at http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/manchester/.

Have you had the chance to visit us at one of our Open Days to see the accommodation?

Rebecca
    Hi Rebecca, thanks for answering my question. Unfortunately me and my son are unable to visit, as we live in Northern Ireland and sadly simply don't have the money to be able to afford to visit. We are actually from Manchester originally but moved to N.Ireland nearly 18 years ago, when my son was two years old. He's applied for Direct Entry into Year two [with his HND which finishes in June]. Will try and save up so either my son or both of us can travel over [and also visit my sister who still lives in Manchester !!] before September, IF he is accepted. Otherwise i'm afraid he will just have to go "blind" having seen nothing of it. Lisa.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by markova21)
    Hi Rebecca, thanks for answering my question. Unfortunately me and my son are unable to visit, as we live in Northern Ireland and sadly simply don't have the money to be able to afford to visit. We are actually from Manchester originally but moved to N.Ireland nearly 18 years ago, when my son was two years old. He's applied for Direct Entry into Year two [with his HND which finishes in June]. Will try and save up so either my son or both of us can travel over [and also visit my sister who still lives in Manchester !!] before September, IF he is accepted. Otherwise i'm afraid he will just have to go "blind" having seen nothing of it. Lisa.
    Hi Lisa, if you do not get the chance to visit us, then our Accommodation Team will be more than happy to answer any queries you have. They can be contacted at 0161 247 2958 or [email protected].

Your son might also want to take a look at our Virtual Tour at http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/virtualtour/ to get a feel of the campus. He will be able to watch videos on each faculty and take a tour of the campus.

Good luck to your son with his application! Hopefully we will be seeing him in September

Any more questions just let me know.

Rebecca

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.