Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tell me every nickname you’ve ever had and how you got them Watch

ReputationRep:
    Welsh Spice = Basically in our squad chat, we all have Spice Girls nicknames and my friend made me Welsh Spice (because I know a bit of Welsh)

Captain Cazza = Used to be my nickname on the geography chat Theres a similar one with my last name but I dont want anyone to know my last name so there!

Colin = Basically yesterday, my geography class went to Starbucks and the lady called me Colin Funny thing is, 2 others in my class got called Colin too :lol: Whenever I go Starbucks I'm just gonna be called Colin from now on

Weirdest nickname has to be Calliekins (from my friend between Year 7 and 11) which sounds like a brand of cat food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    he's a creep
    :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show

No he's not! :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Haha
    no
    Wahhhhhhttt?! Why not?! :unimpressed: it even has an abbreviation! GFP! Im gonna refer you to that now :rofl: i think its perfect

Midget - I'm 5ft
    MoodyLocks
    Moody Margaret
    Cootiepatootie - my close bestie <3
    Dawwwwww das so coooot!!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Fran, Franny (both not used anymore, I refuse to answer to them), Frankie (my aunt like to call me that).

Cesca (though that is what I introduce myself as mostly).

My daddy has a special nickname for me which no one knows about except immediate family, and that is how it will stay, sorry.

I've noticed my bestie calling me 'C' which is cool. :cool:

Then, at the secondary school I sat my A Level Politics at, I was often referred to as the nerd/ the Hogwarts one.

My ex had a whole range of nicknames for me, but now I am plain old Francesca to him again. God, I hate my name. Francesca. What a stupid name, seriously, why that when everyone else in the family has Irish names?

Sorry, went off topic there.

edit: oh, and my hair is nicknamed 'The Mane', thanks to its curls and how - when it's down naturally - it looks like a mane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Yaz/Yassie/Yazoo because of my first name

The most frequent nickname I get called is 'The Wain'. Wain is a Scottish word for a kid and even though I'm 24, because I'm the only child and grandchild, my mum and grandparents forever call me 'the wain' :laugh: I'll no doubt still get called it when I'm 40

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nice to meet you Yasmin :ahee:

I picked up the nickname cbreef (pronounced see-breef btw) midway through school. Still don't know why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Welsh Spice = Basically in our squad chat, we all have Spice Girls nicknames and my friend made me Welsh Spice (because I know a bit of Welsh)

Captain Cazza = Used to be my nickname on the geography chat Theres a similar one with my last name but I dont want anyone to know my last name so there!

Colin = Basically yesterday, my geography class went to Starbucks and the lady called me Colin Funny thing is, 2 others in my class got called Colin too :lol: Whenever I go Starbucks I'm just gonna be called Colin from now on

Weirdest nickname has to be Calliekins (from my friend between Year 7 and 11) which sounds like a brand of cat food

hahahahaha awwwwww!!!! these are all so cute :rofl:

ngl i laughed alot at the cat food part- its soo true :rofl::rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    most of my relative refer to me as ''nit'' yes the black creepy crawly that lives in hair. not cos i had nits, but because i was born super purple, almost black because i was starved of oxygen for a few minutes before being ''revived''

ReputationRep:
    Chiny - nickname (based off real name) adopted in Year 3 when my teacher couldn't pronounce my name. Still used now.

'Chinny con carne' - a joke nickname made by my friends moments after 'Chiny' was made.

'Chin' - a variation of 'Chiny'.

'Chiny-bear' - an awkward nickname that I allow one person to call me. Possibly suggesting that my physique is almost the opposite to that of a 'bear'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Fran, Franny (both not used anymore, I refuse to answer to them), Frankie (my aunt like to call me that).

Cesca (though that is what I introduce myself as mostly).

My daddy has a special nickname for me which no one knows about except immediate family, and that is how it will stay, sorry.

I've noticed my bestie calling me 'C' which is cool. :cool:

Then, at the secondary school I sat my A Level Politics at, I was often referred to as the nerd/ the Hogwarts one.

My ex had a whole range of nicknames for me, but now I am plain old Francesca to him again. God, I hate my name. Francesca. What a stupid name, seriously, why that when everyone else in the family has Irish names?

Sorry, went off topic there.

edit: oh, and my hair is nicknamed 'The Mane', thanks to its curls and how - when it's down naturally - it looks like a mane.
    one quite likes the name Francesca :yep:
    Loving the nicknames though!! they're cute! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show

No he's not! :unimpressed:

yes he is :mmm:

(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    Wahhhhhhttt?! Why not?! :unimpressed: it even has an abbreviation! GFP! Im gonna refer you to that now :rofl: i think its perfect

Dawwwwww das so coooot!!!!
    aw :mmm: thanks panda
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    one quite likes the name Francesca :yep:
    Loving the nicknames though!! they're cute! :yep:
    Name like Francesca, it brings a lot of nicknames with it. Oh, forgot Ancesca (Anne-Jess-e-ka:the phonetic of it). My cousin couldn't pronounce Francesca as a kid, and would drop the Fr. It has stuck, and now all the new babies in the family call me that when they get round to learning my name :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Rolling Pin :smug:

ReputationRep:
    yes he is :mmm:
    What did he do that's creepy?

ReputationRep:
    Name like Francesca, it brings a lot of nicknames with it. Oh, forgot Ancesca (Anne-Jess-e-ka:the phonetic of it). My cousin couldn't pronounce Francesca as a kid, and would drop the Fr. It has stuck, and now all the new babies in the family call me that when they get round to learning my name :rofl:
    ooohhhh I see!!!!
    daww that's so sweet!!! i love it when kids cant pronounce words/names- it sooo funny :mmm:

(Original post by the bear)
    Rolling Pin :smug:
    wait what? :hmmm:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Comic Sans as it contains most of my real name and I'm very into my technology so I get called a primary school font :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    most of my relative refer to me as ''nit'' yes the black creepy crawly that lives in hair. not cos i had nits, but because i was born super purple, almost black because i was starved of oxygen for a few minutes before being ''revived''
    Damn.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Are you implying you're dead inside?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    What did he do that's creepy?
    ask him :mmm:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My brother is the wain as well. :laugh:

I don't think wain is used in North Scotland. My ex is from Moray, and he had never heard of wain before until he met me (cause we use it in Ireland too).
    Didn't know you used that word over in Ireland too! Go us! :five:

I've never been to North Scotland, furthest I've been is Edinburgh hoping to take a trip up to the highlands this summer though :yep: hopefully they can understand my accent and lingo :teehee:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Didn't know you used that word over in Ireland too! Go us! :five:

I've never been to North Scotland, furthest I've been is Edinburgh hoping to take a trip up to the highlands this summer though :yep: hopefully they can understand my accent and lingo :teehee:
    Aye, we have a lot of cross over words :mmm:

I think they will, it is really beautiful up there :yep:

ReputationRep:
    ask him :mmm:
    I already know :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.