Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

J-rock appreciation thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello pepes
    So the idea of this thread is to connect people who appreciate jmusic ~ because we need a community like this! What kind of jrock do you listen to? Who are your favourite bands/ soloists/ musicians?

I`ll start off. Mostly I listen to visual kei bands but some I`ll list arent vk :3

DIAURA, Alice Nine/ A9, The GazettE (but mostly their old songs, not the newer ones), SID (I know they moved out of the vk scene but still amazing), and The Oral Cigarettes,
    These ones are ones that have only a few songs I like so I listen to them, but not as much as the above: DaizyStripper, Hello Sleepwalkers, and Granrodeo.

Let the discussion begin!
    • TSR Support Team

I have moved this into music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I have moved this into music.
    so which bands do you listen to to start off with the genre?
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Mimi9335)
    so which bands do you listen to to start off with the genre?
    Never even heard of jrock if I am honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Never even heard of jrock if I am honest
    ahh sorry I misread the previous post

ReputationRep:
    Favorite j rock band Is the Novembers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    Favorite j rock band Is the Novembers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh yep they are more towards the classical side of rock I think :3

ReputationRep:
    ahh yep they are more towards the classical side of rock I think :3
    Yeah, it's that ambience they create that makes me attracted to them. I also listen to A9, Moran, Gackt etc. But not as much as I used to back in 2012. I mean do you consider Galileo Galilei a J-Rock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    Yeah, it's that ambience they create that makes me attracted to them. I also listen to A9, Moran, Gackt etc. But not as much as I used to back in 2012. I mean do you consider Galileo Galilei a J-Rock?
    I personally don`t consider them to be J-Rock (more like J-Pop?) but for some reason they are classified as J-Rock. Galileo Galilei are a bit "softer" if that makes any sense. Idk if I`m using the right word. I would classify Yui Yoko to be closer to J-Rock than them tbh and she doesn`t have a very rock style.

Oooo A9 are amazing tbh I like Show`s voice. My favourite by them has to be Rainbow`s ~~~

ReputationRep:
    I personally don`t consider them to be J-Rock (more like J-Pop?) but for some reason they are classified as J-Rock. Galileo Galilei are a bit "softer" if that makes any sense. Idk if I`m using the right word. I would classify Yui Yoko to be closer to J-Rock than them tbh and she doesn`t have a very rock style.

Oooo A9 are amazing tbh I like Show`s voice. My favourite by them has to be Rainbow`s ~~~
    My favourite from them was Mirror Ball, the first song that lead me to them haha and do you mean J-Indie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    My favourite from them was Mirror Ball, the first song that lead me to them haha and do you mean J-Indie?

My first song from them was Jewels ^.^

Have you ever listened to Hyde? I feel like you might like his style ~ it`s a bit more "J-Indie" xD

ReputationRep:
    My first song from them was Jewels ^.^

Have you ever listened to Hyde? I feel like you might like his style ~ it`s a bit more "J-Indie" xD
    Hyde from Larc-en-ciel or X-Japan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    Hyde from Larc-en-ciel or X-Japan?
    Hyde from L`arc en Ciel - his earlier solo albums are more indie than what the band do.

The other one is spelled Hide, I believe. I couldn`t really get into X-Japan tbh - I tried but it didn`t workkk

ReputationRep:
    Hyde from L`arc en Ciel - his earlier solo albums are more indie than what the band do.

The other one is spelled Hide, I believe. I couldn`t really get into X-Japan tbh - I tried but it didn`t workkk
    Yeah i get, you. Just didn't feel it compared to others and yeah I'll look into his earlier ones, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    Yeah i get, you. Just didn't feel it compared to others and yeah I'll look into his earlier ones, thanks!
    Anytime~!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.